• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleynerd

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoW. Matt is a good guy. I cant believe this happened. Kinda pissed about this..:mad:

and for the record..he deleted some comments in my thread back then, but I DID NOT complain/cry about it! I LET IT GO and MOVED ON.

This news comes as quite a shame.
Good bloke, and great to deal with.
I hope he sticks around as a member of the community.

I don't know what has been going on, even after reading through the other thread, but to read that it reached this stage is sad news. I guess i've been fortunate in not having any issues with any members on here. I wish Matt well too & hope to still see him around here.

Nerd popped my Forum Cherry. He was the first member I purchased from. They were Tribal Monster Dogs and then I was hooked. Some of the best posts on the forum were his milestone posts....1000th post, 2000th post, 3000th post etc. etc.

i'm shocked and stunned by his decision for sure. i know he was one of the pioneers, great knowledge and his teaser pics of his collection at his milestone posts were awesome! i'll be dropping him an email to see how it's going. and see that he at least continue to be part of the OF.

hate to hear this, he was my first purchase up here for some Frost blue oil rigs, great guy to deal and so much knowledge about the brand. it sucks when we lose someone like that.

I'm not familiar with Nerd like most of the others on the forum, being one of the new kids on the block myself, but to hear that someone has pulled away from a platform where everyone has the opportunity to share, meet and interact with others who have the same passion is disappointing. I hope with enough time and thought he returns for the same reasons he initially joined.

I just wanted to let everyone know that because of the drama that unfolded recently, one of my favorite members to talk to and interact with, OakleyNerd, has resigned as a moderator of this board. He felt that his hard work and contributions as a mod were not respected and that he dedicated his time for nothing.

I am personally upset that the actions of a few made him come to this decision, but I'm hoping he'll come back and contribute to the forum. He had the highest post count of anyone on here and one of the highest iTrader ratings. He was very knowledgable about Oakley and it's history. He was also one of the first registered members on the forum.

Just wanted to post this so that you guys know what the forum has just lost. I can't begin to explain how upset I am that the actions of a few bad seeds potentially lost us one of our oldest and most dedicated members.

Tell him to grow some thick skin and get used to this thing called "internet." I certainly wasn't one of the bad seeds, but geez, a few guys with some ruffled feathers ran off a supposed forum veteran? Gimme a break. I enjoy everyone's participation and it's a shame to lose someone that had some good knowledge, but if one cannot take a little criticism, they shouldn't be doing it at all.

I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
-Bill Cosby

It has nothing to do with thick skin. This has to do with respect and having paid your dues only to be ousted by some new member punks!

Just so you guys know it's not easy being a moderator. There's lots of time involved in a position that is strictly voluntary. You have to decide in your own mind what is right/wrong and at the same time you have to make sure the decision is best for the board. We try to make these decisions with as little favoritism as possible but kind of like politics there will always be someone unhappy with the decisions you've made. Sometimes the decisions are made based on our set rules and sometimes they are made based on our general beliefs of right and wrong.

I'm just amazed that somebody as highly respected (rightfully so) as Oakleynerd finally decided to leave over the actions and disrespect put forth by another member. For those that don't know who he is, Nerd has been around since the forum first started. He hasn't been around too much recently but he's one of the most OG members we have/had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back