• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys along side the other obsessions

RoTors

I am Jim Jannard...
Before The Oakley addiction hit me hard my other passion was custom knives or modifying production blades.

Thought I would snap a few pics of both my addictions together. Hope you enjoy the few I took.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's what I was into before Oakleys... modified and custom made LED flashlights, with improved output and/or color rendition (over at candlepowerforums).

Alpha Blue Label flashlight, made by Prometheus Lights aka "Dark Sucks", I guess this could be considered a customizable and very small run production light. along side my custom Flak 2.0 with matte black frame, white icons, sapphire polar lenses.

image.jpg

Next up is a Fenix RC40 searchlight, customized by vinhnguyen54 at CPF with the LED's replaced/upgraded and de-domed, and the current boosted higher than factory for increased output. This is along side my custom Radarlocks in matte black ink frame, polished chrome icons, and lens is Deep Water Prizm polarized pitch non-vented.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! Another knife guy!

Actually, I'm in to everything EDC. Knives, multitools, wallets, hats, bags, tactical pens, you name it.

Knice!

Feel free to add on to the thread. Post some blades and your Oakleys too. I was going to try and do some "Oakleys and Firearms" but I believe there is a seperate thread that is already made for that.

Here's what I was into before Oakleys... modified and custom made LED flashlights, with improved output and/or color rendition (over at candlepowerforums).

Alpha Blue Label flashlight, made by Prometheus Lights aka "Dark Sucks", I guess this could be considered a customizable and very small run production light. along side my custom Flak 2.0 with matte black frame, white icons, sapphire polar lenses.

View attachment 175856

Next up is a Fenix RC40 searchlight, customized by vinhnguyen54 at CPF with the LED's replaced/upgraded and de-domed, and the current boosted higher than factory for increased output. This is along side my custom blacked-out Radarlocks in matte black ink frame, polished chrome icons, and lens is Deep Water Prizm polarized pitch non-vented.

View attachment 175857

View attachment 175860

Woah! Major candle power you're packing there. I carried a few Surefires before they started going LED and carry a small Streamlight Polytac LED in my backpack when I need a little "light in my life".

I knew folks modified these little lightsticks but never dove into it..... Yet;)

Knice!

Feel free to add on to the thread. Post some blades and your Oakleys too. I was going to try and do some "Oakleys and Firearms" but I believe there is a seperate thread that is already made for that.

Yeah, the guns one is here:
Post Pics Of Your Guns And Glasses | Oakley Forum

And actually there's already one for knives, too:
Post Pictures Of Your Knives And Sunglasses | Oakley Forum

And an EDC thread:
EDC! Empty Out Your Pockets! | Oakley Forum

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying this thread is redundant; it's more GP for whatever your other obsession may be, doesn't have to be knives or guns. But y'all might enjoy browsing through those threads, too.

Nice Emerson collection. I'll post up some pics tomorrow with my Microtechs! Just a bad idea to have iridium and sharp pointy objects in such close proximity to each other, lol. Love sunglasses, knives, guns, flashlights, watches, cars, ect. Lol, I think I could go on and on.

Nice Emerson collection. I'll post up some pics tomorrow with my Microtechs! Just a bad idea to have iridium and sharp pointy objects in such close proximity to each other, lol. Love sunglasses, knives, guns, flashlights, watches, cars, ect. Lol, I think I could go on and on.

No, you have THAT wrong.

It is a BAD idea to have sunglasses, sharp pointy things, guns, watches AND my WALLET in such close proximity! :behindsofa:

Back