• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys At The Olympic Games

Even more flip side... How do you think he athletes feel? They're frigging Olympians... Don't hey deserve something special? (Especially if the don't medal)

And/Or Oakley can really destroy us by making us wait a little bit and making a ridiculous limited (250-500 ish) release with these retro green frames... They'll sell like hot cakes... Oakley doesn't need money...they just need awesome advertising to continue to stay relevant !
The athletes are special. They have the experience, the opening ceremony, the fellowship with their teammates and the honor of representing their country. The have swag in the firm of jackets, hats, gloves, and free equipment. The memories and their individual perspectives are something no one can ever take away from them.

The athletes are special. They have the experience, the opening ceremony, the fellowship with their teammates and the honor of representing their country. The have swag in the firm of jackets, hats, gloves, and free equipment. The memories and their individual perspectives are something no one can ever take away from them.
Having worked at the last winter Olympics and having rubbed elbows with quite a few athletes...

Not everyone can make the Opening Ceremony... Some for personal reasons
A lot of athletes from 'smaller' countries (Canada Included) have to fund their trip themselves... Money doesn't just pour out from private orgs or public purses like it might elsewhere...so it's less of an 'honour' and more of a 'I f'in worked my @$$ off' for the last four years...

The 'swag' (uniform, gloves, unique set of glasses/goggles, accreditation passes) is basically the most concrete thing they can bring home and show family/friends besides photos they have taken/taken for them if you don't medal...

I say give it to them... Give em something nice because they might never return to the Games or ever revisit that country ...

Having worked at the last winter Olympics and having rubbed elbows with quite a few athletes...

Not everyone can make the Opening Ceremony... Some for personal reasons
A lot of athletes from 'smaller' countries (Canada Included) have to fund their trip themselves... Money doesn't just pour out from private orgs or public purses like it might elsewhere...so it's less of an 'honour' and more of a 'I f'in worked my @$$ off' for the last four years...

The 'swag' (uniform, gloves, unique set of glasses/goggles, accreditation passes) is basically the most concrete thing they can bring home and show family/friends besides photos they have taken/taken for them if you don't medal...

I say give it to them... Give em something nice because they might never return to the Games or ever revisit that country ...
I don't take issue with the athletes getting some exclusive Oakleys. Maybe the O's given to athletes could have serial #'s to differentiate then from the Oakleys sold to the common folk. Nothing in life is ever guaranteed for anyone. Making it back to the Olympics is pretty special and exclusive. This is what the athletes train for. They also compete in other championship games and tournaments. It's the life of an athlete. Isn't it? I knew a couple of paralympians. Amazing people. Sport is / was their life.

Pro Mframe with vented lens.
ma6uzymy.jpg

Latest Posts

Back