• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys For Driving: Inmate Vs Deviation Vs Others

niceweather

Oakley Beginner
hello,

I would like to buy either inmates or deviations(polarized) mostly for driving. I can't really find great pictures of them and wondered if you could link any or recommend any other models of glasses? they seem very similar to each other what is the difference?

thanks guys.

I put a pic up in the @what oakleys are you wearing today thread of me driving with Polarized inmates

The two do fit very similarly. If you want the best pair for you I really can't recommend strongly enough that you should try them on!

The Inmate is the slightly bigger of the two, and has a touch more wrap to it. The size may cause contact with your face, especially at the top of your cheeks. The wrap may also allow less ventilation which will allow them to fog a bit more easily.

For me, the Inmate has much better coverage, which I put at a higher priority. I don't want the sun to come from the sides, or glare to come off something chrome in my car or from traffic and cause a problem.

I love my deviations, but I honestly can't use them for driving. All I get is sunlight from the sides. I tend to need a pair with a tight gap and wrap. I do agree with what has been said though, try them on! And for more than just a second. Try them for a couple minutes.

I really cant see enough difference in design of either the inmates or deviations to hinder or aid your driving. Pick what you like. The only issue that I have ever had with a pair of Oakleys while driving is catching reflections from my clear splice frames that cause me to perceive something that is in my peripheral vision that is not actually there. Other than that, I say pick what you like and look through the different lens colors to see how they change the atmosphere when you look through them. Some lenses like Fire can really yellow up the environment; while lenses like +reds and emeralds are very cool and even toned lenses to look through. +reds are the best lenses I have ever looked through IMO.

I have inmate and deviation too. I vote for inmate as it has bigger lenses. But my opinion is that the black iridium is sometimes too dark to drive

Back