1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. niceweather

niceweather Oakley Beginner

hello,

I would like to buy either inmates or deviations(polarized) mostly for driving. I can't really find great pictures of them and wondered if you could link any or recommend any other models of glasses? they seem very similar to each other what is the difference?

thanks guys.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

I put a pic up in the @what oakleys are you wearing today thread of me driving with Polarized inmates

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

The two do fit very similarly. If you want the best pair for you I really can't recommend strongly enough that you should try them on!

The Inmate is the slightly bigger of the two, and has a touch more wrap to it. The size may cause contact with your face, especially at the top of your cheeks. The wrap may also allow less ventilation which will allow them to fog a bit more easily.

For me, the Inmate has much better coverage, which I put at a higher priority. I don't want the sun to come from the sides, or glare to come off something chrome in my car or from traffic and cause a problem.

4. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

I love my deviations, but I honestly can't use them for driving. All I get is sunlight from the sides. I tend to need a pair with a tight gap and wrap. I do agree with what has been said though, try them on! And for more than just a second. Try them for a couple minutes.

5. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

Best driving for me is Hijinx or Jawbones.

6. twitch_man

twitch_man Oakley Beginner

i used my deviations for driving for the longest time but now i wear my d2

7. xtremehardy388

xtremehardy388 Oakley Beginner

For driving specific I use the SI Fives 2.0 and SI Bottlecap. Both are lightweight and relatively cheap.

8. PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116 Oakley Beginner

I really cant see enough difference in design of either the inmates or deviations to hinder or aid your driving. Pick what you like. The only issue that I have ever had with a pair of Oakleys while driving is catching reflections from my clear splice frames that cause me to perceive something that is in my peripheral vision that is not actually there. Other than that, I say pick what you like and look through the different lens colors to see how they change the atmosphere when you look through them. Some lenses like Fire can really yellow up the environment; while lenses like +reds and emeralds are very cool and even toned lenses to look through. +reds are the best lenses I have ever looked through IMO.

9. therrmIV

therrmIV Oakley Beginner

I would go with the inmates. I love mine and wear them all the time when driving.

10. Roland Szabó

Roland Szabó Oakley Beginner

I have inmate and deviation too. I vote for inmate as it has bigger lenses. But my opinion is that the black iridium is sometimes too dark to drive