1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rickandrewlee

rickandrewlee Oakley Beginner

Hey all

Did a search for Oakleys and Tennis and most people said they would wear fast jackets to play tennis in, just wondering why that preference and not say radars? I play alot of tennis and prefer my radar paths and radar locks. Also do you think a different lens would improve my ball perception? I usually play with Black polarized lens during bright days but was wondering if I got Fire Red Iridium Polarized would that lens filter more of the green/yellow of a tennis ball. Would love to hear other peoples experience! thanks in advance

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. rickandrewlee

Nobody?

3. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

It might have to do with perception? But I honestly think you should play tennis (or whatever sport) in a pair of glasses that doesn't get in your way while you are playing. For me, I like playing most sports with Radars or Racing Jackets But I just got some HJ2 frames this winter that I will have to test drive this spring. I don't know a ton about lens tints, but for me, a lens with contrast (like the g30 iridium) often brightens up greens and yellows for me.

4. Luvoakleys

Luvoakleys Oakley Beginner

I haven't played tennis in my fast jackets yet. However, I have played in flak jacket XLJs. Between my radar paths and the flak jackets, I don't have a preference between the two styles. Lens wise, I have only played with grey and black iridium.

5. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

I use Radarlocks or Mframes for all of my sporting activites. Thats what I would go with.

6. OOO

OOO Be True

Tennis is non-contact (when normally played, that is), so main concerns would be grip and unobscured vision. Earstems with UnOb would be a plus, and single lens frames like M-Frame or Radars and the newer Radarlocks should be fine. I've played leisurely tennis with the regular Radars before and they work fine. If you play say afternoon into late evening, you might need a lens swap as the sun sets. Or wear a HI yellow if the court lights get too bright as you serve or hit a high lob.

7. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

I personally know 3 tennis players who all wear Fast Jackets on the court. Another I know wears RadarLocks.

I don't play tennis...I play baseball and use Radars and Flak Jackets, but I do own Fast Jacket XLs and could well imagine they'd be ideal for the tennis court. They stay put really well when you're moving around a lot. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few pro tennis players wearing Fast Jackets as well, so I figure they can't be that bad of a choice. Changing lenses is a snap, too.

8. rickandrewlee

Cool what about my thought on a lens swap for seeing the ball better any thoughts?

9. OOO

OOO Be True

Actually, the most tennis pair of Oakleys ever was the stpl eyeshade with tennis ball fuzz all over and around the frames. But seriously, eyeshades secured with elastic strap just might work for some playing tennis. I'll find a chance to try that some time.

10. rickandrewlee

I picked up some fire red polarized I'll compare and post here