• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys In The Wild - Celebs, TV, Sports, Etc

I once saw an older gentleman wearing the Bob Burnquist recycled gascans. I did a double take (there aren't any Oakley stores anywhere near St Louis, so it is rare to see something you can't get at Sunglass Hut) and said "Hey, nice oakleys!" but he stared at me like he had no clue what I was talking about.

Saw a guy in Pisa with a pair of neon yellow frogskins. Wanted to run after him and offer him money for them, but when I decided to do so, he was long gone....

(Ah Pisa - a halcyon Italian holiday with Mrs H. . . . . And the long lost Rust w/ VR28 Polarised Hijinx that we don't talk about . . . . )

Back to topic!
We see folks in Oaks occasionally when shopping in the cities round our way. Nothing particularly exciting.
Once saw a bloke in a local Debenhams department store with Romeo 2s perched on his head. I walked past with my plasma/fire Romeo 1s on my head - and he didn't even look. What a tool! haha!

Otherwise it's just the occasional Frog, Holbrook, or other O-Matter stuff like Eyepatch, Minutes, SJs and Fives etc.
I always expect to see more big selling frames like Gascans and Fuel Cells etc, but never do.

Oh and you NEVER see anyone in the UK wearing M-Frames/Radars and shield lens frames as casual sunglasses.
(Unless they are US or Japanese tourists, of course. haha).

I just got back from longboard skateboarding at our local park (wearing my new X Metal Juliets - thanks Oakleyandi!). While I was cruising along, a guy on a bike zoomed past me and I did a double take - he was wearing Jupiter Camo Jawbones! They matched his bike perfectly haha

Again, there isn't an O Store or Vault within 200 miles of here, so it's bizarre to see some of these more oddball frames.

Was watching netflix, top shot season 2.......

sandbag
DSC05579.jpg

DSC05578.jpg

DSC05580.jpg

o pack 2.0?? (doesnt have metal icon though....)
DSC05581.jpg

DSC05584.jpg

is this a minute machine/time tank??
DSC05582.jpg

Yeah Top Shot is definitely an Oakley ad. Pretty much all the guys have some sort of oakley product whether it's glasses, bags or watches they all seem to know what's up when it comes to high quality stuff.

Hmm, coming back on the people you see "wearing Oakley on the streets". I girl that also trained at the same skating ring once was wearing some pink splatter M-Frames. I thought to myself, I still have to talk to her to buy them. But then I haven't seen her wearing them anymore, and can't remember exactly who it was :( :$

Back