• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley's Lenses ?

AJZ

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
I just got these, and I believe they are Pro M Frames. I'm not sure what year, or version, and if I could still find lenses for them.
Any help?
8563916880_ba6dd4f71f_b.jpg

They are not Pro M Frames, they are the M Frame Slash. The frame color is Cobalt, and the lens is black iridium.

They're not very common. There are some out there, but they tend to either be in poor condition or go for a lot of money.

The frame will fit normal lenses.

If I may suggest, I would get a modern frame if you intend to use them with any regularity. The older frames are more fragile, and the Slash frame has foam on the brow and a fixed strap that make them awkward to use as anything besides a dedicated sports pair.

I own a Fingerprint with black iridium that has scratches in the lens, a black frame with clear lens, and I have a gold iridium lens that I keep in a modern Gold Mine frame. I love them, but they're certainly built for a sole purpose in mind and not much of a daily wear pair.

You can see in this picture of mine how large they are compared to other lenses. The 3 on the back left are the Slash, 3 on the back right are Hybrid S, V, and Hybrid gen1. And a Heater in the foreground.

B127CF9F-534E-4677-B1E5-793D59FECCE6-1901-00000130D916D9D9_zps10f09182.jpg

Thanks, so standard M frame lens will do...
I got them for $50 from a bicycle shop that had an old dust Oakley display with only this pair in it. They came with two lenses, one with mirror finish and one without. The shop owner could not find the original packaging. I think he did not even know they were there.
I plan on using them only for cycling and running. I would like a low light lens.

I got them for $50 from a bicycle shop that had an old dust Oakley display with only this pair in it. They came with two lenses, one with mirror finish and one without. The shop owner could not find the original packaging. I think he did not even know they were there.
I plan on using them only for cycling and running. I would like a low light lens.

Please don't use that pair! LOL

It would be a shame to lose a good condition pair to loss or damage....
I'm sure Rustpot would love to have those lenses! Haha

I'd be able to trade you lenses. I have a few to choose from. Or an entire frame.

I'll reiterate my caution against using these for strenuous activity. The Slash pair will sit VERY high on the forehead and won't be compatible with a helmet. I would personally go without a strap as well.

The Slash frame with the brow foam and strap were made for sports like basketball where you don't have the ability to clear sweat away and you're constantly moving in different directions or possibly having contact with other people.

Another thing to consider is how they fit your face. Most people find the Heater too big to wear comfortably and the Slash is an extended Heater. Most people prefer the Hybrid or Sweep size.

Here's my set of spare lenses. I have most colors Oakley has offered for the M Frame. You can see the Heater lenses are toward the left, and they transition down in size. Strike is the next biggest, then Hybrid, then Sweep, then Hybrid S. Other lenses have been made but are no longer offered such as the Strip, 67, V, (gen1) Hybrid, and the Slash we're discussing.
9170B293-2D91-4DD4-8F8C-B26B021315C8-1901-00000130E1AE94AC_zps4f04b2da.jpg

One last informational post, here is the Slash (on the right) compared directly to the Heater (Oakley's current largest lens). The Slash lens is in a Pro frame.

And to be clear, I'm not trying to get those lenses or frames from you. I won't deny that I want them, but I really do think you'd be better served with a Pro or Gen 3 M Frame that will take a lot more abuse than the more fragile Gen 2 frames (yours is a Gen 2, by the way. Square profile with oval logo)

E7CCAFD7-F2E4-4062-95E6-1BB1B4D76230-6675-0000055BB576B491.jpg

I have a huge face and nose. I'm a 6'-2" Italian. These are the firsts Oakley's other than the radar XL to fit (I have not tried on the heater). Are you guys saying these things are going to break on me, or just that there are better options out there.

Back