• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys Made In USA

nlgrav182

Oakley Expert
Can we start a list of glasses still being made in the USA? I'll update this post to create a list.

I don't think there is a way to figure this out honestly, because most boxes now are saying "Assembled in USA" or "Made in China" on the metal frames.

As far as I've seen, the only styles that are new and has said "Made in USA" is the Big Taco. I noticed a custom Gascan at the local store the other day without "Made in USA" printed on it so it looks like most frames are being made overseas and assembled in the states.

Does it really matter though? If you didn't know otherwise there wouldn't be a difference, plus there doesn't seem to be any noticeable difference in quality (again, I'm not saying it's different or better) but time will tell. Wire frames were being made in China for a long time until they recently changed the labeling policy last year.

Please read here for more clarification on the topic - http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-product-origins.19311/

Back