1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Monkey

Monkey Oakley Beginner

Hey guys!
    So I'm in the process of completing my motorcycle licence this year and was wondering what your opinions are for eye-wear when riding my bike.
    I'm getting a cruiser class bike with just a standard helmet (not a full face one). I'm thinking of getting the Black Oakley "Wind Jacket" as my eye wear (I need to get them into prescription also). What do you guys think?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Honestly I think you hit it dead on. The Wind Jackets are perfect for an open faced helmet I believe.

I don't ride a cruiser and always wear a full face with zero room for anything under it so I've got zero experience with open faced helmets.

3. peelz

peelz Oakley Beginner

off road helmet with oakley goggles. :)

supermoto style.

otherwise, my fives were always nice.... but going fast, nothing beats the visor of a good helmet.

4. Monkey

Monkey Oakley Beginner

5. artsnletters

artsnletters Guest

i have had really good luck with polarized Gascans for keeping wind and debris out of my eyes. They brighten up the view a bit too.
    Tim

6. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

No helmets & OTT's..................it's they only way to ride :rockon:

7. foleyness

foleyness Oakley Enthusiast

Your options really depend on what kind of windscreen, if any, you'll have on the bike. If you have a full screen you can get away with almost anything as wind won't be as much of an issue. Otherwise I'd say Wind Jacket.

8. foleyness

foleyness Oakley Enthusiast

I'll get a pic of this when I pick up an OTT. :)

9. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I have used Hijinx and Antix when wearing my half helmet. They both provide plenty of eye coverage and mitigate the wind that may seep behind the frame.

10. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege