• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line

I called Oakley today to find out. Here's what they told me:

Daily Prizm Polarized: 14%
Road Prizm Polarized: 20%
Trail Prizm Polarized: 36%
Baseball Infield and Outfield were both in the 20's or low 30's, I don't remember for sure.

The customer service rep also mentioned that eventually, they "may" have non-polarized versions available, but it sounded like she may have just been guessing on that.
Thanks for this! I haven't realized they were polarized. They don't even say that anywhere on the Oakley site (Radarlock Path description). In fact, Polarized and Prizm are two distinct categories in the menu. That's a real bummer, as I hate to wear polarized for cycling.

Yeah this is the first I've also head that the others were polarized but pistolpete's a good guy; perhaps the Oakley person misspoke on polar (the trans % syncs up with what I've heard otherwise), or perhaps he's given new info...

Either way I'll know for certain on Sunday; there are definitive tests for polarized; can be done with your smartphone...

Would that be for Android or the Iphone?
contemplating on either Road or Daily now lol
either! it's not any sort of app - just hold the phone in front of you and rotate it through 90 degrees. you will see the display darken with a polarised lens......

Yeah this is the first I've also head that the others were polarized but pistolpete's a good guy; perhaps the Oakley person misspoke on polar (the trans % syncs up with what I've heard otherwise), or perhaps he's given new info...

Either way I'll know for certain on Sunday; there are definitive tests for polarized; can be done with your smartphone...
Yeah, my suspicion is that the Oakley rep was not really up to his game.

Daily is the only Prizm lens that is Polarized.

Below are the light transmissions:

Prizm Daily Polarized 14%
Prizm Baseball Infield 20%
Prizm Baseball 15%
Prizm Golf 30%
Prizm Road 20%
Prizm Trail 36%
Thanks. It seems I'll have to get both the Road and the Trail lenses (ride both road and mtb). I was hoping they were too close in % to warrant buying both :cool-33:

The Prizm Daily polarized are very, VERY easy on the eyes. I have them in my Badmans and I am growing very fond of them very quickly. They were actually the deciding factor between two pairs I was trying to choose from. I also saw they had a new Prizm Carbon Blade... I wish they sold just the lenses, but not for a couple few more months, unless you go with custom cuts.

The Prizm Daily polarized are very, VERY easy on the eyes. I have them in my Badmans and I am growing very fond of them very quickly. They were actually the deciding factor between two pairs I was trying to choose from. I also saw they had a new Prizm Carbon Blade... I wish they sold just the lenses, but not for a couple few more months, unless you go with custom cuts.

Hello! Could you compare prizm daily polarized with black iridium polarized? I'm trying to imagine how works this new lens in sunny days while you're driving, walking, etc. What are the differences? Thanks!!

Back