• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line

Yeah you can judge for yourself from the pics, but pics can only show so much.

In general the road have a more purplish hue than the oo red, but with both when you put them on you don't really notice the base color too much. There is a definite difference, when you put on one then the other and back and forth. But which one shows truer color, better contrast? Hard to say. The G40-based oo line was Oakley's premium performance contrast before Prizm, after all.

Is there enough of an improvement to warrant replacing your oo reds with prizm road? Hard to say, objectively. I guess it'll really come down to personal preferences.

Wow, the picture that shows the brick in the building is pretty striking. Definitely a huge win for the Prizm road. OO Red looks pretty washed out, Prizm looks like high-def.
Yeah, absolutely agree. It highlights the gravel well too but it was the brickwork that really struck me.

It's one thing to read the marketing guff but to see real world use like this is the clincher. Thanks for posting @kronin323 :)

Just got home with a pair of daily prisms for my flaks (XLJ ),, not liking that the eye can been seen from outside,seriously thinking of returning them .
On the plus side, the actual view from them is superb, really loving it,,,

Another note on the prizm road vs. oo red, driving with them today in full sun...

Unlike the oo reds, these are not polarized and since I'm more used to polar I was noticing glare on top of car hoods / roofs / trunks...

Another note on the prizm road vs. oo red, driving with them today in full sun...

Unlike the oo reds, these are not polarized and since I'm more used to polar I was noticing glare on top of car hoods / roofs / trunks...

This would be a deal breaker. I would stick with the OO Reds for the polarization.

I will have more on the exact specifications on the Prizms. I cannot remember off the top of my head what they did to them, except adding the contrast wavelengths. Costa has been doing this for years.

I viewed all of them today for the first time. I personally like the "Brown or Rose" based lenses but don't like the seeing of the eyes part either. I am learning to accept that for a stellar view. I am thinking of going with the Golf in a pair of Juilets, The exact ones pictures in my icon. The Rose colored Baseball Outfield were really nice also. Yes forgot they are not polar myself, and wish they were.

Back