• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyVault.com Half Jacket 2.0 Misprint!?

mrcoco

Oakley Beginner
I just received my pair of Half Jacket 2.0 MPH Crystal Red/Grey sunglasses that I ordered from oakleyvault.com, which I was certain (until today) was an actually legit Oakley online outlet. The pair that I received was missing a center logo like in the attached picture below... what? Does this kind of stuff happen every once in a while? I'd like to *think* that it is still legit, but can't say that with certainty now :(

IMG_0741.JPG

oakleyvault.com is a legit site. that pair looks legit. transparent frames dont have logos? maybe?

If it's MPH it's not surprising it doesn't have the logo. Remember, MPH are made from random parts they have laying around. Also, while I'm not as familiar with Half 2.0, there are some Flak versions that have logo and some that don't. If you got them from the Vault, then you got them directly from Oakley. Nothing to worry about.

Yeah, that's what i thought too.

Then again, I recalled looking at the crystal black asian-fit model in the local store, and I vaguely remembered its having a center logo. The official website confirms this.
http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/sungl...ant=700285868325&fit=ASIAN&lensShape=STANDARD

So maybe it's just a thing with the crystal red frame? Just googled "half jacket 2.0 crystal red" and all the image search results contained logo. Hmm...
Are these things just particularly easy to scuff off? But then again, that would be a serious problem while transporting to retail stores.

I can say that the crystal red did have the logo across the nosebridge. However, I have seen many frames similar to this in the DE cases at vault stores have the same issue. I believe its probably the last of the frame process to get done, and since most of the color ways get discontinued during manufacturing they go un-stamped. I had a couple of them that have been like that. No worry though..... I know of frames where the print will start to wear off, and a bit of car polish/wax on a clean towel will take the rest of it off so it has a clean look.

Back