• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Obituary: X-Metal Death

Oh, and my OLD addiction was my Harley. I had a 2008 Harley Night Train that I pretty much changed out every part on. Now THAT was an expensive hobby. I had parts showing up almost daily. I'd spend hours in the garage painting parts, removing parts, installing parts, wiriring new lights, you name it. My wife would take my Oakley addiction any day of the week over that. :)

Here's what she looked like when I was finished. It started out MOSTLY chrome.

After:
IMAGE_09CAE58F-B046-4AC6-94E7-E6B1524E068A.JPG
IMAGE_18DA0500-BE1E-44DE-BB1E-48A5DC57D14B.JPG

Last edited:
And on these lightning fast cars/trucks...... how the hell do you keep them steady at those speeds? What's the likelihood of it crashing into 1000 pieces if you're slightly off on your steering? they look awesome but i'd be afraid of demolishing it on the first high speed run.
It's not too hard but also not too easy. I was racing around with one yesterday and it side flipped and somersaulted end over end for at least 75-100 feet.....it landed on its wheels and I hit the throttle, turned it around and brought it back to me......looked it over and it was fine....just ripped a tire on it......3 minutes later after a single tire swap and I was back at it.

They are pretty durable if you know what you are doing but hand it to someone who is inexperienced at driving them and pretty much guaranteed it will be broken in under 3 minutes.

It's not too hard but also not too easy. I was racing around with one yesterday and it side flipped and somersaulted end over end for at least 75-100 feet.....it landed on its wheels and I hit the throttle, turned it around and brought it back to me......looked it over and it was fine....just ripped a tire on it......3 minutes later after a single tire swap and I was back at it.

They are pretty durable if you know what you are doing but hand it to someone who is inexperienced at driving them and pretty much guaranteed it will be broken in under 3 minutes.

That sounds like a challenge ........

That sounds like a challenge ........
Just speaking from experience.

Just last week I was racing around one of my cars on the staging lanes at this event. I'm running it for about 25 minutes straight. I hand it to a friend of mine and he broke it in about 20 seconds. He was like NO WAY.

Just speaking from experience.

Just last week I was racing around one of my cars on the staging lanes at this event. I'm running it for about 25 minutes straight. I hand it to a friend of mine and he broke it in about 20 seconds. He was like NO WAY.

You're a good friend to put something of yours like that in his hands...

Y'all dabble in the RC helicopters at all? I mean the extreme ones that can fly upside-down and stuff? I checked those out the other year but it was too much of an initial investment just to try it out...

A long time ago (mid 90's) my friend spent big money on an R/C aeroplane , you can guess how this story ends almost pissed myself laughing when it that tree . Still puts a smile on my face when i think of his face on impact .

Y'all dabble in the RC helicopters at all? I mean the extreme ones that can fly upside-down and stuff? I checked those out the other year but it was too much of an initial investment just to try it out...
I play with the traxxas Alias quad copter. Really cool little toy and lots of fun. :)

Since this thread has gone into R/C stuff, I'll add my little input. I started with a little Blade MSR in the house. It's a really fast nimble indoor helicopter. When I got comfortable flying it I went for a bigger outdoor T-Rex 450. Good lord that thing is hard to fly! I'm still trying to figure the damn thing out. It's fun as hell but pretty difficult and expensive to repair. I use a Spektrum DX-8 for my helis.
I also have a Parrot drone quad-copter that I fly around with my iPhone/iPad. My kids get to play with this one. It's pretty awesome.
For cars, I've got a Traxxas Summit that I have a lot of fun with. It's not as fast as the others, but it's sure fun in the mud and water. I'll be adding more Traxxas cars at some point.

Back