• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Obituary: X-Metal Death

Since this thread has gone into R/C stuff, I'll add my little input. I started with a little Blade MSR in the house. It's a really fast nimble indoor helicopter. When I got comfortable flying it I went for a bigger outdoor T-Rex 450. Good lord that thing is hard to fly! I'm still trying to figure the damn thing out. It's fun as hell but pretty difficult and expensive to repair. I use a Spektrum DX-8 for my helis.
I also have a Parrot drone quad-copter that I fly around with my iPhone/iPad. My kids get to play with this one. It's pretty awesome.
For cars, I've got a Traxxas Summit that I have a lot of fun with. It's not as fast as the others, but it's sure fun in the mud and water. I'll be adding more Traxxas cars at some point.
If you get a chance you should try out the revo. Badass car

Since this thread has gone into R/C stuff, I'll add my little input. I started with a little Blade MSR in the house. It's a really fast nimble indoor helicopter. When I got comfortable flying it I went for a bigger outdoor T-Rex 450. Good lord that thing is hard to fly! I'm still trying to figure the damn thing out. It's fun as hell but pretty difficult and expensive to repair. I use a Spektrum DX-8 for my helis.
I also have a Parrot drone quad-copter that I fly around with my iPhone/iPad. My kids get to play with this one. It's pretty awesome.
For cars, I've got a Traxxas Summit that I have a lot of fun with. It's not as fast as the others, but it's sure fun in the mud and water. I'll be adding more Traxxas cars at some point.

I just checked out that Parrot drone online; that looks like something I wouldn't mind arriving at my front door one of these days... seems real forgiving and I love the idea of the streaming video...

I just checked out that Parrot drone online; that looks like something I wouldn't mind arriving at my front door one of these days... seems real forgiving and I love the idea of the streaming video...
My dad liked it so much he had to have one. It can go pretty fast and do flips. It's really fun.

Back