• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OCP Frogskins

Batwolf said:
Concerning frames, you won't be able to purchase frames, Oakley has never allowed that (at least in store).

That is correct!^ When have you ever been able to walk in and buy just a frame? Never. So they aren't doing that just for frogskins. I only know of one place around me that does that and it's Rock N Road Cyclery Shop and they only sell jawbones and radars.

I'm really curious to where all of you are getting this info about the Olympic frogs that might not even be for sale because Oakley hasn't directly announced it even existing.

I think all we care about are the lenses so who cares what frames there are? Oakley doesn't offer any special treatment for OCP Holbrooks. And if it's not available for online sales I'm sure people here will be willing to help you guys out. Done..

Old Glory/Jolly Roger will never hit the states. The local O store manager stated they were told at Retail Assault that they are a London exclusive (for the 2012 Olympics) only.

Negative. SoHo, Market Street, Orlando should be getting them. Dunno why they would give out different info to different managers.

Its probable more down to different managers giving out their own info from what they hear from the people and managers in stores!?

Can't these 'managers' get in trouble for telling all of you this info? Just seems weird if you're actually getting info from a private manager meeting that was at HQ...

anyway, back to the topic. =) i myself was surprised by the Jade Iridium option, but after confirming it with the guy, apparently it is true, Jade it is. but Acid Tortoise is Emerald for sure. that's as much as i know. i'm not complaining either way. =)

and straying off topic. there's so much differing info abt the Union Jack/Old Glory release, that i think it's best to wait and see. if it's gonna be a tie-in with the Olympics, i'm pretty sure Oakley will have an announcement of sorts when the date draws near.