1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rml0015

rml0015 Oakley Beginner

I received some new Radarlock glasses from Oakley(bought them on the website). The oddity here is that the main fire iridium lense don't have polarized etched on them and over the bridge of the nose they do not have oakley on them. Has any one else ever had something similar happen. The second black lenses have oakley on the bridge, but they aren't polarized.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Weird. Im not totally sure, because Ive never had fire lenses for my R Locks, but I think that is a goof by Oakley.

3. rml0015

rml0015 Oakley Beginner

I called customer support and got in touch with a very helpful gentleman. He said that sometimes when you order straight from Oakley that they grab lenses from their stock that hasn't been through the etching process yet. I also find it very weird, but they are the exact same as other Fire lenses I have had. No defects.

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

But are they polarized? You know how to test them?

5. rml0015

rml0015 Oakley Beginner

Oh they are definitely polarized. I don't know how you test for that, but the glare they knock off the lake proves they are polarized. How do you test them?

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

Put them on and look at an LCD screen straight on. Then start to turn your head 90 degrees in either direction. If the screen starts to go black then they are polarized

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

And I don't mean turn your head left or right. I mean clockwise or counter clockwise.

8. rml0015

rml0015 Oakley Beginner

Wow, can't believe I didn't know that. I don't have them with me but I did it with my work glasses. That's a cool trick.

9. OakleyFrankFMJ

Glad ya like it. ;)

10. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

yeah it happens. As long as you bought from them, should be no worries.

The Safehouse//Olympic lenses also didn't come etched.