• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OEM Juliet lens: Emergency stocks.

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Saw Carrera's post about Oakley UK and US online shelves being bereft of Juliet lenses. Panic set in. I raided a range of Japanese online stores and bought these in the last few weeks. All new OEM.

Ruby X 2
Ice X 2
Tungsten X 1
Grey X 1 (Don't laugh, I like grey a lot!)
BI X 2
Almost bought a Fire even though I don't like it - seems like they are the easiest to get still.
Couldn't get any Emerald, alas.

Am now bidding on a used (but mint) Slate Iridium lens (not Ichiro so probably cut) but the price is already reaching elite collector prices. Seems that slate iridium is one of the most loved tints in Japan. Doesn't surprise me as generally speaking, Japanese don't like very dark lenses --- in general there are very few sunglass wearers here. I love Slate Iridium.

Anyone else out there stocking up in panic? What did you get?
Veteran collectors are likely stocked for life? In which case, let us drool over your inventory of OEM BNIB Juliet lenses, rubbers, screws, and so on!

Saw Carrera's post about Oakley UK and US online shelves being bereft of Juliet lenses. Panic set in. I raided a range of Japanese online stores and bought these in the last few weeks. All new OEM.

Ruby X 2
Ice X 2
Tungsten X 1
Grey X 1 (Don't laugh, I like grey a lot!)
BI X 2
Almost bought a Fire even though I don't like it - seems like they are the easiest to get still.
Couldn't get any Emerald, alas.

Am now bidding on a used (but mint) Slate Iridium lens (not Ichiro so probably cut) but the price is already reaching elite collector prices. Seems that slate iridium is one of the most loved tints in Japan. Doesn't surprise me as generally speaking, Japanese don't like very dark lenses --- in general there are very few sunglass wearers here. I love Slate Iridium.

Anyone else out there stocking up in panic? What did you get?
Veteran collectors are likely stocked for life? In which case, let us drool over your inventory of OEM BNIB Juliet lenses, rubbers, screws, and so on!
Ruby Polar
Violet Polar
Chrome Polar
All in big tacos since I can get them cut to fit any xmetal but R2.

I've got multiple backup sets each of BIP, VR28 BIP, and Ice polar. I wish I had bought more fire polar back when they still looked like how fruby looks now.

I've got multiple backup sets each of BIP, VR28 BIP, and Ice polar. I wish I had bought more fire polar back when they still looked like how fruby looks now.

'VR28 BIP'

Oh, oh, oh...

It's 30 minutes later. I fainted. I fell. I'm back.

I'm jealous.

My doctor has just given me his prognosis. Apparently it was your use of the word 'multiple' that really did me in! Please be more careful.

;-)
I have VR28 BIP in bottle rocket and fuel cell, my juliets currently have fire and clear/black transitions. I dont stock because i dont know what i want if my lenses wore out. Those lenses i listed mite go 2 an Xsquared or my R1, thats what i did buy them 4 in the first place really.

I lost count, I think I'm at about 2 1/2 boxes so close to 20x BNIB Juliet lenses not including compatible donors and other X-Metals?

Latest Posts

Back