• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OEM Juliet lens: Emergency stocks.

I think I troubled him with my estimate of 10 pairs of BI and BIP in reserve for Juliets too! Few spares I wish I had but might have to settle for cuts going forward.

I definitely kept vigilant watch for Ruby lenses... Got a couple extra sets of those and ice iridium and BIP as well... Best stock up on rubber as well, I can't imagine they will continue to make those indefinitely...

Seems that slate iridium is one of the most loved tints in Japan. Doesn't surprise me as generally speaking, Japanese don't like very dark lenses --- in general there are very few sunglass wearers here. I love Slate Iridium.[/QUOTE

slate iridium is my favorite lens as well, and i am not japanese, lol. yup, the oem cut slate lenses (non ichiro signed) are pretty rare i believe. i was able to snag one pair mounted on a mint carbon juliet (JC serialized too) for around $200 early this year. awesome indeed...

How long does a set of rubbers typically last with almost daily use?

I need to calculate how much Juliet rubber I need for the rest of my life.

- I am 41
- I will wear a single pair of Juliets 5 days a week (not true, but it's an exercise...)
- Assuming I live to be 81...so 40 more years

Someone please calculate the number of spare rubbers I will need.

How long does a set of rubbers typically last with almost daily use?

I need to calculate how much Juliet rubber I need for the rest of my life.

- I am 41
- I will wear a single pair of Juliets 5 days a week (not true, but it's an exercise...)

Someone please calculate the number of spare rubbers I will need.

Beware, my friend, as you pass by...
As you are now, so once was I...
As I am now, so you shall be...
Prepare, my friend, to follow me...

Not enough info for the calc. Rubbers can last longer if you wash them. And how much sweating you do can make them deteriorate faster. Need those variables...

- I am 41
- I will wash them twice yearly.
- I have moderate to heavy head sweatiness.
- I would replace them fairly soon after I spot deteriation since I am quite fastidious about these things.

That's 6 variables for you kromin323. Please now provide me with the formula I can use or if that's protected, just use that formula and tell me the total number of spare rubbers I need. I guess 30!

;-)

- I am 41
- I will wash them twice yearly.
- I have moderate to heavy head sweatiness.
- I would replace them fairly soon after I spot deteriation since I am quite fastidious about these things.

That's 6 variables for you kromin323. Please now provide me with the formula I can use or if that's protected, just use that formula and tell me the total number of spare rubbers I need. I guess 30!

;-)
Since you sweat a lot, then it will be 60!:p

Back