• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OEM Purple Juliets

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
I know there are only three made-by-Oakley purple Juliets in existence, and that they were only prototypes, never went into production. DIY purple Juliets don't count...

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share more information about them - I've found very little in searches. If anybody with info would like to keep it private, though, I perfectly understand.

It's no secret that @Dyeraudio and @FearGearGarage each have a pair but I'm not sure about the third. Maybe @Cargo? (he posted pics on the RED thread) FGG's still being dark so I'm hoping Dyer, at least, is willing to share what he knows...

Here's some of the questions:
- Does anyone know the story of why they were prototyped in the first place? I think I read that they weren't produced because of color inconsistency (like the JBRs had) but maybe I'm wrong.

- I assume, being prototypes, they have no serials? Or do they have some special prototype marking? Is there a way to tell that they were made by Oakley and not a DIY job?

- The lenses in them: were those the colorways put in by Oakley or did they come as frames only and y'all had to put in lenses of your choice?

- Do any of the owners care to share the story behind how you got them? I saw in an older post that FGG got his from an insider but no other details.

- Regarding that post from FGG, in it he was told only two were made. How was it discovered that there were actually three? Are we sure there isn't a fourth somewhere?

- Anything else about them worth mentioning?

Thanks guys, I appreciate it if you're willing to share any of this. And if not, no worries; didn't hurt to ask...

Nobody knows how many were actually made could there be 5 sure that's the thing it's all rumors with FACTS.

As we all have heard only so many of certain pairs made and BOOM. A few more surface. I'm sure I didn't help but nobody actually knows

We talked about them and through things at Red. But I shared about as much as I want to in some other discussion thread about my pair. I don't know where it is though or what the topic was called.

they have done a number of color coatings for the juliet in small batches for one reason or another. one of the coolest ones i have seen was black chrome.

We talked about them and through things at Red. But I shared about as much as I want to in some other discussion thread about my pair. I don't know where it is though or what the topic was called.

Ah, you're owner #3? I searched through several pages of results without seeing that, but now that I know which poster to look for I may have better luck. Thanks!

Ah, you're owner #3? I searched through several pages of results without seeing that, but now that I know which poster to look for I may have better luck. Thanks!

Nope - I struck out - did full-forum searches for @Gecko posts that contained either "purple" or "Juliet". Combined results of 30 posts, but none the one you referred to. So I guess I'll just have to remain in mystery, unless anyone else is willing to chime in...

Back