• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Offically Saving....$$

You're forgetting carlsbad! Which I prefer over Ontario mills but hey you never know what you might find!

I live in LA and work in OC. Carlsbad is way too far :lol:

Carlsbad is where i was heading, cause we are leaving anaheim and driving down to san diego for the zoo after we are done with disneyland

That would be a good stop since you're going that way. That's the vault where i picked up my Ducati Juliets. The Zoo is better than the Wild Animal park, FYI. And don't even bother with Legoland. It's pretty sad there as the upkeep is horrendous. After seeing Disneyland, Legoland looks like a poophole.

That would be a good stop since you're going that way. That's the vault where i picked up my Ducati Juliets. The Zoo is better than the Wild Animal park, FYI. And don't even bother with Legoland. It's pretty sad there as the upkeep is horrendous. After seeing Disneyland, Legoland looks like a poophole.

Thanks for the advice on Legoland, we were planning on doing that. Now its got me rethinking....
How is the weather around that area in June? I am from Louisiana so the humidity here sucks butt during that time lol

sounds like a great plan!!!
you will get a ton of gear for 1k . . . don't buy glasses or a watch otherwise is your fund really fast empty :laugh:

i'm trying, to save something too right now, for my trip in september!

I FEEL WITH YOU :big_boss:

We rarely have humidity. California is mostly desert so we have a dry heat. June varies from mid to high 70's and all the way up to the high 90's to 100. Last year our weather in June was weird. Highs were in the 100's, but there were days where it got cold, around the 70's and a bit of rain. If it's normal and since you're staying by the coast, it shouldn't get above the mid 90's if it's hot during that time. It's really hard to say, but mid 80's is a good call. June is definitely T-shirt and shorts weather. Where are you staying when you go to Disneyland? If you're staying at one of the resorts, i could recommend some good places to eat. I used to be an annual pass holder and i've found some great spots for some cheap(er) eats.

SpliceD forgot to mention "June Gloom"

I've been to the people's republic of California maybe 30-40 times in the last 25 years and you can definitely get the weather pattern the locals call june gloom in, surprise, the month of June. It's not a terrible thing as the temps are not bad, but it can be several days of overcast so those new Oakleys will have to stay in the box. It certainly shouldn't ruin your vacation if it occurs, but it is not what you expect for sunny SoCal.

I used to take my cracked Blades frames to the old Oakly HQ at 10 Holland (twice) in Irvine and have them swapped out. On the third stop, I found the place closed with instructions to the new HQ which had just opened in the last month or so. It was the coolest building I had ever been in. My immediate impression was Gothic/Vampire meets Space Ship. Unfortunately, they were no longer supporting the Blades/Razor Blade frames and I declined the $$ off offer toward a new model. I got some more years out of the frames before they were unusable so it wasn't too bad (I got my money's worth out of them). Visiting the HQ was cool although I didn't get to stay very long. IIRC, there were also some cool features on the outside of the building and embedded in the sidewalk. It seemed that even the smallest details like the gutter openings were true to the theme so try to notice everything.

stevan5150 said:
Carlsbad is where i was heading, cause we are leaving anaheim and driving down to san diego for the zoo after we are done with disneyland

Going to the zoo tomorrow myself. Lol.

SpliceD said:

I live in OC and make the trip. It's worth it. Hahaha

SpliceD forgot to mention "June Gloom"I've been to the people's republic of California maybe 30-40 times in the last 25 years and you can definitely get the weather pattern the locals call june gloom in, surprise, the month of June. It's not a terrible thing as the temps are not bad, but it can be several days of overcast so those new Oakleys will have to stay in the box. It certainly shouldn't ruin your vacation if it occurs, but it is not what you expect for sunny SoCal.

Yah, there's a bit of that, but it's not as bad as you make it sound. Several days yes, but not every day and IMO, those gloomy overcast days are a nice contrast especially if it gets really hot for a few days. I think last year we even had a couple shower storms mixed up into it. Still nothing like high heat with humidity. I've been to Orlando and i couldn't deal with that humidity.

I live in OC and make the trip. It's worth it. Hahaha

I would too if Carlsbad wasn't an extra 50 miles away on top of the 35 to make it to Irvine from where i live :lol:

If i really wanted to, Ontario is only 35 miles for me :smile:

Back