• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

***Official 2016 College Football Thread***

Clemson pulled it out but our offense needs to get things moving. Our defense looked pretty solid even after losing 8 starters from last season.

MAN THAT WAS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wasn't expecting a win, was afraid of USC/bama part 2, just would have been happy with not being blown out like last year...

But then we were up by 7 at half and added another 10 early in the 3rd, looked like we had a chance. Just enough to give me hope...

Notre Dame came rolling back, though, taking the lead with three unanswered touchdowns. But we fought back and scored a late touchdown. With the extra point, a ND FG could only tie it, take it to OT...

You can't count on those extra points though - ND blocks it and runs it back, and now we're tied 37 up. Clock expires; we could have been sitting on a win if not for that blocked extra point... Man this game was killing me...

Each team puts up 7 in OT. 2nd OT, ND settles for a FG. Then Texas TDs to win!

Fan or not, that was the best game of opening weekend. Awesome!!!!

I'll be honest, I'm definitely no Texas fan, but I was rooting for them against ND.

Nebraska looked better against Fresno State than they did to start the season last year, but there's still a lot to work on. I was glad to see that our offense isn't trying to get pass-happy this year, and our run defense still looks solid. Oregon is going to be a really good test for us.

Coaches Poll put us at #20 but AP put us at #11, above all the other Big 12 teams.

Personally I think the Coaches Poll got it right. That may have been a quality win against a good team, but it was just one game. UT still has a lot to prove before we deserve a ranking that high.

Besides, polls are pretty much meaningless in these days of the playoff selection committee...

Coaches Poll put us at #20 but AP put us at #11, above all the other Big 12 teams.

Personally I think the Coaches Poll got it right. That may have been a quality win against a good team, but it was just one game. UT still has a lot to prove before we deserve a ranking that high.

Besides, polls are pretty much meaningless in these days of the playoff selection committee...

I agree, from unranked to #11 is a pretty big jump. I definitely agree that Texas deserves to be ranked after that win though.

I'd say Nebraska deserves a crack at the top 25 if we beat Oregon, but somewhere between 20-25 would make the most sense to me.

Pre-season rankings are so bogus! Now they're ranking teams based off beating teams that shouldn't have been ranked as high to begin with. Rankings shouldn't come out til week 3 or 4 at the earliest...week 6 would be perfect though. It'll all sort itself out but these early non-merited rankings just muck everything up

Did anyone see any of the craziness that happened with the Okie State/Central Michigan game? The refs really screwed the pooch on that one...

Back