• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Official Chit-Chat Thread

It's the amperage - all of them charge at 5V but higher amps charge faster. The "wall wart" with the S5 pushes at 2A (older phone wall warts were usually 1A). The USB port on the PC puts out 0.5A; your car charger is likely the same.

There's no reason the S5 cable (USB 3.0) would charge faster than a standard USB 2.0 cable with the same wall wart - none of the additional pins in 3.0 are for power. Unless samsung is retasking some of the 3.0 pins as a secondary power channel when used with their wallwart, but from the receiving end in the phone, seems like that would conflict with the USB 3.0 data functionality, IDK.
Just took 3 full hours to charge my 6+ from dead to 100%.
It will surely be dead by 8 or 9 am tomorrow at the latest I believe.

After getting peeved by the Eyeshade being marked down by HALF, not even after 30 days of my purchase, I HAD to call CS to get some sort of concession. Called them up, they verified the prices, and boom, $92 going back to my card. Yay!
See? And you freaked out first. ;)

so, i was in a small earthquake today...

that makes 2 for this Texan :)

5.3 magnitude earthquake near Piedecuesta, Santander, Colombia and Cúcuta, Norte de Santander, Colombia : November 25, 2014 20:20

5.3 magnitude earthquake 22 km from Piedecuesta, Santander, Colombia
about 2 hours ago
UTC time: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 20:20 PM
Your time:Tuesday, November 25 2014 3:20 PM
No tsunami statement issued
Magnitude Type: mb
USGS page:M 5.3 - 8km WNW of San Andres, Colombia
USGS status: Reviewed by a seismologist
Reports from the public: 80 people

so, i was in a small earthquake today...

that makes 2 for this Texan :)

5.3 magnitude earthquake near Piedecuesta, Santander, Colombia and Cúcuta, Norte de Santander, Colombia : November 25, 2014 20:20

5.3 magnitude earthquake 22 km from Piedecuesta, Santander, Colombia
about 2 hours ago
UTC time: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 20:20 PM
Your time:Tuesday, November 25 2014 3:20 PM
No tsunami statement issued
Magnitude Type: mb
USGS page:M 5.3 - 8km WNW of San Andres, Colombia
USGS status: Reviewed by a seismologist
Reports from the public: 80 people

How are your pants?

Back