• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Official Chit-Chat Thread

When the trainee starts to look like a whiz at work... Either I'm suited for this, or I'm a glutton for punishment LOL

Can't hide the biceps.

So, The Kid is 3 1/2 these days and we've gotten into the habit of the last thing I do when I put her to bed is tell her a "once upon a time" story, typically with her as the main character. I just make it up as I'm telling it; quality doesn't have to be very high (or even there at all) to still entertain a 3 year old.

For example, a couple of nights ago the story had her helping a squirrel catch its hat that had been lost in the wind, and as thanks it taught her the "Squirrel Song":

I'm a squirrel, I'm a squirrel,
I live in a tree.
I eat lots of nuts.
I live in a tree.
Nuts and acorns
Are my fa-vor-ite things...

Yeah, I know, it's crap, but she remembered it, has been singing it.

So last night the story revisited it, where she was foraging for food and used the song to convince a pack of squirrels to share their nuts with her.

Yep, you may see this one coming... I mean, the thought that one day she'll eventually engage in "naughtiness" makes me want to reach for a gun, but I just couldn't help but amuse myself a little bit in the wording of the storytelling, knowing she'd never get the innuendo... so the story went:

"The squirrels presented their nuts. [The Kid] gently cupped them in her hands, lifted them to her mouth, and gobbled them down. They were delicious, if maybe a little salty..."

Does that make me a bad father?!?!?!?

So, The Kid is 3 1/2 these days and we've gotten into the habit of the last thing I do when I put her to bed is tell her a "once upon a time" story, typically with her as the main character. I just make it up as I'm telling it; quality doesn't have to be very high (or even there at all) to still entertain a 3 year old.

For example, a couple of nights ago the story had her helping a squirrel catch its hat that had been lost in the wind, and as thanks it taught her the "Squirrel Song":

I live in a tree.
I eat lots of nuts.
I live in a tree.
Nuts and acorns
Are my fa-vor-ite things...

Yeah, I know, it's crap, but she remembered it, has been singing it.

So last night the story revisited it, where she was foraging for food and used the song to convince a pack of squirrels to share their nuts with her.

Yep, you may see this one coming... I mean, the thought that one day she'll eventually engage in "naughtiness" makes me want to reach for a gun, but I just couldn't help but amuse myself a little bit in the wording of the storytelling, knowing she'd never get the innuendo... so the story went:

"The squirrels presented their nuts. [The Kid] gently cupped them in her hands, lifted them to her mouth, and gobbled them down. They were delicious, if maybe a little salty..."

Does that make me a bad father?!?!?!?
Not at all. As long as the wife finds it funny then you are ok.
At least that's what I think.

She wasn't there; the only one I was amusing was myself...
I hear ya. But you know if it was me I would have to share the story with her. ;)

I joke around with friends about their kids and what they might be when they grow up. They play along but then there's always one person who has to go "you know that's really NOT that funny" and my reply? Yes it is, it's HILARIOUS!

no doubt Miss Colombia won Miss Universe...

broad is drop dead stunning - pretty much like a lot of smoking hot Colombians...

Brazilian women vs. Colombian women?

I'm gonna have to say "Brazil send?"
Colombian women are better educated and carry themselves with more class than Brazilians...

i´d compare Colombian women to hot classy bitches in LA while i would say Brazilian women are the hot women from the dirtiest clubs found in Jersey.....

both hot, but a different kind of hot.....

Back