• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Not a Holbrook expert but something doesnt look right to me. Mainly around the pins
Agreed, they look like they might be flat rather than rounded, and protruding rather far - Smudge, are the pins domed or flat? Just checked all my pairs (17) and they all have "Holbrook" on the left stem - there are people here with many more pairs though, so maybe they can confirm.

Thanks for your reply carrera.
I'm sorry but you guys have lost me a bit when you say the 'pins' ... are you referring to something around the arm pivot areas? the pins that locate the arms into the frames? sorry for the lack of knowledge, shades really arent my speciality.
if you let me know which part you would like a close up of i can sort that first thing tomorrow morning in natural light. If needed i can try and take the arms off for a better pic inside there too (it appears someone has already tried this in the past with there being a tiny bit of damage to both pivot points)
The lack of the word 'Holbrook' is my biggest concern as every real pair i have seen on the net has the word embossed on the arm. i know some of you will have immense collections so maybe a holbrook addict will speak up (although carrera, i think maybe 17 pairs is up there in my books haha)
cheers

Thanks for the quick reply ... i can't believe the thought of taking pictures didnt cross my mind !
here they are, hope they help me get a definitive answer.
cheers

I have a pair of Holbrooks (bought direct from Oakley) on my desk in front of me. The pins are bullet shaped on the end where as yours are flat. I don't think yours are real - sorry

Thanks for your reply carrera.
I'm sorry but you guys have lost me a bit when you say the 'pins' ... are you referring to something around the arm pivot areas? the pins that locate the arms into the frames? sorry for the lack of knowledge, shades really arent my speciality.
if you let me know which part you would like a close up of i can sort that first thing tomorrow morning in natural light. If needed i can try and take the arms off for a better pic inside there too (it appears someone has already tried this in the past with there being a tiny bit of damage to both pivot points)
The lack of the word 'Holbrook' is my biggest concern as every real pair i have seen on the net has the word embossed on the arm. i know some of you will have immense collections so maybe a holbrook addict will speak up (although carrera, i think maybe 17 pairs is up there in my books haha)
cheers
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409096922.369337.jpg

The red dots in the photo are the pins. Also on the inside left arm on mine, there is the word "Holbrook" embossed with a line above and below.

Now i feel daft not realising what you meant :) ... thanks for the clarification!
So im satisfied that we've got to the bottom of this one, thanks ever so much for the help all of you, i'll be getting my money back on these ones!
Cheers !!!

This guy has been selling a bunch or old stuff in the last few weeks.
All his other stuff has looked legit.
I do not know if this story is good or not but I do belive this guy used to be a sales rep. based on his other sales.

Back