• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
View attachment 103510 Hi, I recently bought an Oakley holbrook gray polarized rootbeer frame sunglasses from ebay. I would Like to know if they were fake. I thought authentic Ones don't have these 'o' Sign?
Holbrooks do have a little square O on the end of the ear stem. Can't see enough of the rest of the pair to judge anything, but that being there isn't a problem :)

Hi all,

I live in Singapore where Oakley wares are really expensive but I fell in love with the Oakley Crosslink Switch. I therefore took it to eBay and I am not sure if this is authentic.

http://m.ebay.com.sg/itm/171332327344?nav=SEARCH

I noticed that my local stock does not have the word "China" printed on the left temple...

Would the honourable Oakley experts please kindly advise?

hi. 'got this holbrook frame and i'm not sure if it's real or fake (never had a holbrook before). anyway kindly check the pics i took and verify if it's authentic or not. *note: ignore the lens. it's a custom lens.

*** someone mentioned holbrooks only come in 55-18-137. this holbrook frame size is: 55-20-138 (???). also, the model number doesn't show the specific model - only "OO9102". it's missing the dash-xx "OO9102-24".

kindly click here for the photobucket album!

if more pictures are needed, pls. let me know. i'll post more. thanks in advance!

sample pic. kindly click the album. tia!
P1010487_zpsad00fc36.jpg

hi. 'got this holbrook frame and i'm not sure if it's real or fake (never had a holbrook before). anyway kindly check the pics i took and verify if it's authentic or not. *note: ignore the lens. it's a custom lens.

*** someone mentioned holbrooks only come in 55-18-137. this holbrook frame size is: 55-20-138 (???). also, the model number doesn't show the specific model - only "OO9102". it's missing the dash-xx "OO9102-24".
Sorry Awkey, the spacing is all over the place compared to an original and the "O" in the size should be a rounded Oakley icon, not that sort of awkward rectangle. Definitely a fake I'd say.

The "O" at the end of the stem is ill-defined and somewhat misaligned too - should look more like the one in Yasa's picture above.

Sorry Awkey, the spacing is all over the place compared to an original and the "O" in the size should be a rounded Oakley icon, not that sort of awkward rectangle. Definitely a fake I'd say.

The "O" at the end of the stem is ill-defined and somewhat misaligned too - should look more like the one in Yasa's picture above.
i see. thanks for your honest opinion. i'll try to return it as i don't wanna wear one... knowing it's a fake one. :)

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I learned that the hard way recently. Purchased a Pitboss 2 from the friend of a guy on the local classified ads for $160 and they seemed legit. Wasn't an expert on these. Anyways took them into the Oakley store and at first the sales guys were fooled too. Even the lenses were polarized. However under closer investigation the lenses did not seem to have an iridium coating and the Pitboss II logo on the glasses didn't look quite right. Furthermore the finish on the "titanium" didn't look the same as their real pair. They are pretty good fakes though. Don't be fooled like I was. Other red flags that I should have picked up on were not the correct box for these glasses and no receipt.
IMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3483.JPG
IMG_3484.JPG
IMG_3485.JPG
IMG_3487.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3483.JPG
IMG_3484.JPG
IMG_3485.JPG
IMG_3487.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3483.JPG