• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
They appear fake to me. The etching doesn't match the lens curve, the nose bridge logo is present, the color and plastic look bad.

The plastic is actually really good (It's just the colour is so bright it gives it a cheap look IMO), feels like the proper stuff, not stiff plastic, but that sucks about the nose bridge logo. It also sucks for the shop I went into yesterday to compare my glasses, because I looked at the radar lock but in a different colour and it has the exact same nose logo! Maybe I should report them for selling fakes (although this isn't where I got mine from). It also had the exact same polarized etching, so those two things I wasn't worried about.

My main worry was the colour and not ever seeing this model before.

You learn something new everyday!

Thanks

Let me add that when you google the part #, nothing comes up. Strike one. The "Polarized" should follow the bottom curve of the lens, it doesnt, strike two. Its the little things you have to look at closely. Take it to a store that is an authorized dealer and look at all the small stuff. Look at the seams in the mold, look at the icons, take the lenses out and compare the inside of the frame. BTW, the OAKLEY across the is suppose to be there but it looks a little off in size.

BTW, the OAKLEY across the is suppose to be there but it looks a little off in size.
Yeah, I for some reason I thought it wasn't on Radars. Either way, the whole presence of the pair feels fake. And the nose logo is way off.

Get your money back. Report where you bought them and the store you took them to for comparison. Even if the retailers aren't knowingly selling fakes someone in their supply chain is.

Cheers guys, gonna pop to the Oakley outlet in a minute anyway (I work right near one) and see what they say.

The polarized (curved ever so slightly along the bottom) and the nose logo being engraved are exactly the same though as a pair I got my hands on in a sports shop over the weekend (I won't name the sports shop in case I am wrong, but for those in the UK, trust me you know the retailer it's in most shopping centres).

Makes you wonder how many pairs of fakes we buy from legitimate retailers and are never any the wiser.

But as per the post about part#, this was my main worry I couldn't find a thing either.

Custom pairs typically won't have an SKU as that identifies frame and lens, and a custom pair gives you more permutations than are catered for in the SKU listings. I don't know specifically about Radars but other pairs (Juliet 5th gen, Holbrook) just show the size info on custom pairs, not an SKU.

Thanks for the replies guys, to my surprise the guy in the Oakley outlet recognizes them and thinks they are legit, but he's going to double check for me. He thinks they are called 'Retina Burns' or something like that and were distributed to cycling shops and a few cycling teams, makes perfect sense in respect to how I came about them.

Apparently in the shops they pretty much use O-Review to check how legit they are in terms of sku numbers, but just because it's not there doesn't mean it isn't a real sku (according to him). The sku it has on it makes sense and sits between two other legit sku numbers in the sequence.

The lenses have been changed, but we got out a Polarized path we the same lenses in and matched up almost perfectly. Interestingly, there were some lenses with Oakley logo on and the Oakley + ® logo on. Some are older and some newer? This he didn't have the answer to.

Found it all quite interesting and TBH not that bothered either way, was going to use them anyway to cycling myself, just curious! I'll pop back in and try and get a definitive answer tomorrow, he was curious enough himself to take a few pics and mail them off to someone else.

After your last post I decided to call Oakley direct to confirm my suspicions. They are indeed fakes. That part number does not exist in the Oakley database.

After your last post I decided to call Oakley direct to confirm my suspicions. They are indeed fakes. That part number does not exist in the Oakley database.

Interestingly, I got a call from the guy in the shop I left my number with to say the same thing half hour ago after he mailed the pictures to someone who deals with mostly cycling glasses.

He is adamant that he has seen the frame before though and they are called Retina Burns, but can't find the sku number. Anyone know what it should be for the real ones?

I'm at least happy the lenses are good, even if the frame isn't legit, for what I paid for them the lenses alone made them a good deal :)

Back