• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Yes, I live in HONG KONG. It is a pain to buy OAKLEY accessories and spare lens. It takes months to receive accessories. The local distributor does not sell spare lens.

I were born in Hong Kong. Local OAKLEY sunglasses are more expensive than in the US. I order stuff from AMAZON and eBay.

There are too many fake OAKLEY glasses and lens locally.

Even vented Radarlock's will have the Oakley logo etched. Oakley Radar Path will always have the logo etched as well, often with 'Oakley' and ® after it.

Almost certainly aftermarket lenses, probably without as good optics. I'm sure being in HK the poster has seen many many many pairs like this before. That's not to say the whole thing is fake of course, it might just be aftermarket lenses like I say. But any type of radars will have polarized etched neatly onto the bottom left lens. Still, I would complain they didn't tell you it was with lenses customized by another company other than Oakley.

Hi guys, interesting forum, enjoyed reading some of it.

Bit worried about a pair of Radar Path I have bought, sold as being customized to match a team cycling kit, but can't find any information about them online. Bought them used.View attachment 105159 View attachment 105160 View attachment 105161 View attachment 105162

View attachment 105158

Anyway, they are really comfy and just like the Radars in the store to feel, so I'm gonna keep them anyway, but just curious :) Cheers Guys

Quite an old post so apologize, but browsing this thread with interest.

Almost certain these are real. Are you in the UK? I remember a whole bunch of these frames being given out at the Olympics in 2012 in the village.

I know someone said they called Oakley and was told no record of the SKU number, but I wouldn't worry about that most people you come across when you call either A. Don't have a clue or B. rely on Oakley Review.com which often won't pick up frames that weren't resale.

None of them came with polarized lenses though we mostly just gave a lot of frames, lenses and ear socks away so athletes/people looking for freebies can make up their own stuff.

If you PM me I know who can tell you definitively.

Even vented Radarlock's will have the Oakley logo etched. Oakley Radar Path will always have the logo etched as well, often with 'Oakley' and ® after it.

Almost certainly aftermarket lenses, probably without as good optics. I'm sure being in HK the poster has seen many many many pairs like this before. That's not to say the whole thing is fake of course, it might just be aftermarket lenses like I say. But any type of radars will have polarized etched neatly onto the bottom left lens. Still, I would complain they didn't tell you it was with lenses customized by another company other than Oakley.
Were you talking about EIZOHK's split jackets or jimmy ray's radars?

A good test for polarization is more than just looking at a smartphone straight. Hold the glasses up between your eyes and a LCD screen; smartphone or laptop or whatever. Rotate the glasses left or right like a pinwheel.

If they're polarized, the screen will darken and then black out. If there's no change, they're not polarized.

If they are polarized with no etching, they are most likely aftermarkets.

If they are not polarized, they could be aftermarkets or misdescribed OEM non-polar. The pics aren't enough to be certain.

This test works because LCD screens are also polarized. By rotating the glasses, you align their polarization orientation to an angle that blocks the polarization orientation of the LCD screen. That won't happen if they're non-polar.

Latest Posts

Back