• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
A good test for polarization is more than just looking at a smartphone straight. Hold the glasses up between your eyes and a LCD screen; smartphone or laptop or whatever. Rotate the glasses left or right like a pinwheel.

If they're polarized, the screen will darken and then black out. If there's no change, they're not polarized.

If they are polarized with no etching, they are most likely aftermarkets.

If they are not polarized, they could be aftermarkets or misdescribed OEM non-polar. The pics aren't enough to be certain.

This test works because LCD screens are also polarized. By rotating the glasses, you align their polarization orientation to an angle that blocks the polarization orientation of the LCD screen. That won't happen if they're non-polar.
I assume its 5am in texas. R u just getting up?

I assume its 5am in texas. R u just getting up?

Yes and no. Fell asleep on the couch during the 2nd half of the TTech / OSU game. Woke up around 1:00am; been up since.

First Friday work meeting @ 8:30. Should I deadhead it or try to catch some more Zs in the middle?!?!?

Deadhead. How much more info do you need about flipping burgers when youve been flipping them for the last 15yrs? And if you cashiered for a year or more, youre good. Now go learn how to put ketchup on them quater pounders!:eek: And g'nite.

The SJ lenses are fakes, and so are the yellow Radars.

I just think the SJ lenses are just aftermarket, I don't think they are trying to be Oakley authentic fakes.

I'm 80-90% sure those yellow radars are from a lot of frames as I say that were made in around 2012 for the Olympics as freebies, none were ever sold to my knowledge expect for ones that pop up on eBay and the like. I played quite a big part in putting together a lot of the 2012 marketing around the village.

OK, the SJ are not real Oakleys but if they were presented to him in that way that makes them fakes.. Im sticking to my original thoughts on the Radars, fakes. Oakley doesnt put random numbers on frames that arent traceable. I have a few items that went though R&D and pre production that never got released and those numbers are in the system. I can call and have someone verify them at any time.

OK, the SJ are not real Oakleys but if they were presented to him in that way that makes them fakes.. Im sticking to my original thoughts on the Radars, fakes. Oakley doesnt put random numbers on frames that arent traceable. I have a few items that went though R&D and pre production that never got released and those numbers are in the system. I can call and have someone verify them at any time.

I don't know who you spoke to, but there isn't really a system that accounts for everything. I've seen samples come out of China, direct from the factory with new sequential SKU numbers (some don't) on frames that never made it into production at all but may well have been given away to cycling teams such as Quick Step for example. I for one own a few pairs of Oakley's that have 'missing' sku numbers on, i.e ones that never made it but sequentially fit into a sequence on a model.

99% of the time you speak to anyone at Oakley regarding a SKU number they load up Oakley Review, this is actually almost company policy at times. It makes identifying anything that isn't retail very difficult as Dann relies on mostly specs from retail products and often there is a lot of misinformation on it.

This is one of the problems with moving a lot of frame production to China, quite often a lot of what Lux throw out there for freebies etc., US HQ have very little clue what is going on (of course they won't admit that).

Personally I think it's why Dann over at Oakley Review should be charging for subscription (and I am guilty of this I hold my hands up) as he's doing a lot of Oakley's record keeping for them.

OK, you believe what you want, I'll believe what I want. When I call Oakley for information it isnt stuff that can be found on the internet anywhere, Ive already looked. But yet somehow they are able to verify or dismiss my queries based on what information they have inside those walls. To me, that's good enough.

Back