• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
They look legit. The lens etching is just something the company had done when ordered. Maybe a few pairs to give to top employees or incentives.

I agree I have a pair of Half Jackets and they look just like that. Except they are gray. They look real and are in nice shape.

Alright thanks for the answers, I figured the frames were real but I didn't realize you could get custom etching on the lenses and that's what I was worried about.

They look legit. The lens etching is just something the company had done when ordered. Maybe a few pairs to give to top employees or incentives.

Legit.....I own 4 pairs, and the hinges will loosen up depending on the size of your noggin and how much you wear them. The hinges on my work pair are very loose, but all others BNIB tight.

Buyers beware. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161462785598?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT 152.50$, 55$ shipping,18 bids, and classic "made in china" fake.

Excellent post.....I have seen these on the street and CL many times here in USA, and most of us collectors will be able to spot them from up close or just by holding them.

WARNING! If you inexperienced or are not sure please get with someone who knows or hold an authentic pair in your hands before you buy these. I recently went to check out a pair off CL for 200.00, I wore a pair of my Juliets to the meeting and it took all of one second to know that they were fake. They will be about 50 % lighter in weight, the size of the orbitals and lenses are off by about a 1/4 of an inch, and the hinges were redic loose for looking brand new. The pair I saw did have rivets and not screws in the bridge. The 60yo guy said he really didnt know as they were given to him and actually changed his ad on CL, so I kinda believed him.

But all in all they were very good fakes, and from 3 feet away look very real.

Excellent post.....I have seen these on the street and CL many times here in USA, and most of us collectors will be able to spot them from up close or just by holding them.

WARNING! If you inexperienced or are not sure please get with someone who knows or hold an authentic pair in your hands before you buy these. I recently went to check out a pair off CL for 200.00, I wore a pair of my Juliets to the meeting and it took all of one second to know that they were fake. They will be about 50 % lighter in weight, the size of the orbitals and lenses are off by about a 1/4 of an inch, and the hinges were redic loose for looking brand new. The pair I saw did have rivets and not screws in the bridge. The 60yo guy said he really didnt know as they were given to him and actually changed his ad on CL, so I kinda believed him.

But all in all they were very good fakes, and from 3 feet away look very real.

Somebody buy this for 300$. That's awful...
15629357216_469a0bbc1d_b_d.jpg

Anyone see warning flags on this? The description is brief and not very well written. The seller has not received any feedback as a seller since 2009, but has plenty of feedback history as a buyer.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261642937527

I did just recently contact the seller to ask why they are being sold on eBay, rather than just returned, since it says they were purchased at an authorized retailer. And also to confirm no scratches, etc, since they are marked as new but were obviously taken out of the box/bag for pictures.

I'm very hesitant to buy used Oaks anywhere but here on the exchange... I've had me eye on this exact model for a long time, so I would hate to be let down with another bad eBay transaction.

At the current price, I'm probably willing to take a chance. But if it gets bid up higher, I might rather pay more to buy them from a source that I'm more comfortable with.

Edit: I guess this may be the wrong place to post, since all signs point to these being real... just looking for a little eBay advice.

Last edited:
Anyone see warning flags on this? The description is brief and not very well written. The seller has not received any feedback as a seller since 2009, but has plenty of feedback history as a buyer.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261642937527

I did just recently contact the seller to ask why they are being sold on eBay, rather than just returned, since it says they were purchased at an authorized retailer. And also to confirm no scratches, etc, since they are marked as new but were obviously taken out of the box/bag for pictures.

I'm very hesitant to buy used Oaks anywhere but here on the exchange... I've had me eye on this exact model for a long time, so I would hate to be let down with another bad eBay transaction.

At the current price, I'm probably willing to take a chance. But if it gets bid up higher, I might rather pay more to buy them from a source that I'm more comfortable with.

Edit: I guess this may be the wrong place to post, since all signs point to these being real... just looking for a little eBay advice.

One of the gripes about the bay these days (at least from sellers) is how biased the protection is towards the buyer. A bad transaction may be disappointing, but if you make the purchase through ebay and pay with paypal, you should be fully protected (as far as getting your money back) if things go wrong and you react in a timely manner.

i'd have to say fake - they dont come supplied with three pairs of lenses, the livestrong logo on the earsocks and the price!!

Back