• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
hi all, happy 2015 to you!

how do you guys determine if a juliet has OEM lenses or not, other than trust. also, are all juliet oem replacement lenses polarised? cause i dont see the word polarised on the left lens for most replacement lenses...

Do you have a specific example you're trying to evaluate? Pics?

Hi. I recently bought a pair of tincup from framesdirect.com but I noticed that the nose pads are screw on and not clip ones like the two previous oakley prescription frames that I purchased from a boutique. Is that a tell tale sign of a fake? thanks for your help!

Dropped by a Lenscrafters today and saw that Tincups indeed have screw-on nosepads. Some Oakley stock photos do show snap-on or clip-on ones though. Not sure what's up with that.

EDIT: Tincups at the Oakley Store were screw-ons as well.

Last edited:
EBAY 261721813547

First time I have seen a fake JFL.
For me the tells are the following:
1) No seam in the frame. True JFL has a seam on the far right and left sides of the frame where the arms attach.
2) carbonfiber looks off, weave looks to big
3) nose bridge looks to high
4) hinges look aluminum, not titanium (these are to shiny)
5) the print looks off and fuzzy...
6) No carbon weave on inside of the arms

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I saw those they are over here......Other giveaway to me was no carbon fibre showing on the inside of the ear stems, here is a pic of another pair for sale locally near me, compare to compare the the inside of the ear stem and text in the pic you posted

$_57 (1).JPG

I saw those they are over here......Other giveaway to me was no carbon fibre showing on the inside of the ear stems, here is a pic of another pair for sale locally near me, compare to compare the the inside of the ear stem and text in the pic you posted

View attachment 123273
Yeah that's a great point! Can't believe I didn't notice that one.. I'll have to edit my post and add it. But yeah first fake JFL I have see

I've seen a brushed/ice one as well. It was really blue on the inside if the "carbon fiber" and the model number was off. I think it was close but ended in the wrong two numbers 09 I think...
I love that brushes/ice colorway! By far my favorite!

Latest Posts

Back