• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
EBAY 261721813547

First time I have seen a fake JFL.
For me the tells are the following:
1) No seam in the frame. True JFL has a seam on the far right and left sides of the frame where the arms attach.
2) carbonfiber looks off, weave looks to big
3) nose bridge looks to high
4) hinges look aluminum, not titanium (these are to shiny)
5) the print looks off and fuzzy...
6) No carbon weave on inside of the arms

View attachment 123272 View attachment 123271 View attachment 123270
View attachment 123269

The lenses also don't look like BIP to me, but might just be the pic. Trust me, EVERY model there is, especially the ones with the frames made in China are faked. These ones don't crop up so much as they just aren't as popular. The counterfeit market tends to match the legitimate market in terms of production, that's why you see a lot of Frogskins especially.

Hey everyone, could I get your thoughts on this frame? Fake/legit?

Look like A wires to me but skeptical with the OAKLEY etching on the top left lens. Anyone seen this before?

00606_ck4mnn_Vt_Dn1_600x450_1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed_1.jpg

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I have seen these on eBay and been watching for some time and currently no bids - can anyone comment on authenticity. I have been in contact with the seller who says the serial numbers all match up but waiting for picture....

OAKLEY X METAL XX 24K/24K IRIDIUM (04-145), BNIB, RARE, NEVER USED | eBay

Also - what is the going rate for these and would it be better to go for this model or gen 1 (04-122).

Thanks,

DSJ
Real, but way over priced. Like 2x what they're worth overpriced.

Appreciate the response.

Can you guide me to what I should expect to pay and is it worth getting this or the 04-122?

Thanks,

Simon

I was hoping someone here could confirm these Pitbull's are legit. Nothing is jumping out at me screaming fake but I'll defer to the experts.
I'm looking to grab some and have my optometrist fit some prescription lenses.

_575.jpg
_57.jpg

Last edited:
I found this on craigslist with no picture:

I have a pair of Oakley pit boss sunglasses for sale. Only tried them on after I got them as a gift. Not my style so id like to get some money for them instead. Priced low for quick sale.

I asked if it was the PB or PB2 and if he had the wooden box and he replied:

pit boss 1. no box

Then I asked if there was an "A" on the temple...no response for a few days...hmmmm

I found this on craigslist with no picture:

I have a pair of Oakley pit boss sunglasses for sale. Only tried them on after I got them as a gift. Not my style so id like to get some money for them instead. Priced low for quick sale.

I asked if it was the PB or PB2 and if he had the wooden box and he replied:

pit boss 1. no box

Then I asked if there was an "A" on the temple...no response for a few days...hmmmm
Way too many pitboss fakes out there to feel comfortable with this. If you can't go inspect them in person just stay away.

Back