• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Warranty items are known to come with missing and incomplete markings. They may have pieced together a M.P.H. frame for you.

Thanks for the info! I wish they would have sent me back a box that indicated that. They just sent me back the box and bag that the ACU cerakote version came in.

Hi guys,

Found a polished juliet with non-hammer stems and tell tale signs of fake on fleabay: 131450895803

Are these fakes?

Cheers,
JD

Hi guys,

Found a polished juliet with non-hammer stems and tell tale signs of fake on fleabay: 131450895803

Are these fakes?

Cheers,
JD

Yes, they are fakes. From those pics the most obvious clues are the incorrect orbital breaks and the flared earstem tips.

How can one tell the difference between real/fake juliet orbital breaks? I'm aware of the other signs to spot for fakes but have trouble spotting the differences for this detail. Any pointers?

How can one tell the difference between real/fake juliet orbital breaks? I'm aware of the other signs to spot for fakes but have trouble spotting the differences for this detail. Any pointers?

Usually the angle is incorrect; you have to be familiar with the correct angle. Often there isn't really a break at all and it's just simulated.

See this thread for more info, but note the pics of the orbital break are using a Penny for an example:

Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist | Oakley Forum

Last edited:

These pics might show the difference; those fakes vs. real:

fake.png
20150305_102226.jpg

Hi,
I purchased these shades off eBay as Monster Dogs. The frame is somthing as Crystal Clear. Well, the Monster Dogs I own look different. The lenses of these shades are much bigger and higher than the ones of the Monster Dog.
What am I missing here? What model is that? Is it a fake?
Thanks in advance!
Frank

MD_1.jpg

MD_2.jpg

MD_3.jpg

Latest Posts

Back