• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
With the exception of OO and prescription.
Just to add an example of Rx lens with etching on bottom right hand corner

JZ5AGh.jpg

Last edited:
Just to add an example of Rx lens with engraving on bottom right hand corner

JZ5AGh.jpg

Yea the ones I received were top right corner which is another tell that these were fakes...the guy that sold them to me on ebay contacted me and gave me the website he was using which should have been a HUGE red flag to him that they were gonna be fake dillards-mall.com...does anyone know how to report the site to Oakley?

hello all. i came across these radarlocks that claim to be from the London Olympics safehouse. I have a pair of custom radarlocks from a few years ago and a couple of things make me leery as to their authenticity. pics attached.

Two obvious things stood out to me (you may notice more):
1) frame appears to be painted (i thought color was injected into molding) and is unfinished on the inside hinge
Photo Apr 27, 9 14 22 AM.jpg

2) the -- forgive me i'm going to use the wrong word -- "cavity" inside the arm is the wrong size AND shape and the spacing between the earsocks and the cavity is smaller than the pair i have.
Photo Apr 27, 9 14 02 AM.jpg

Other pics:
Photo Apr 27, 9 13 46 AM.jpg
Photo Apr 27, 9 15 11 AM.jpg

Would love the forum's thoughts as I don't know enough to make an assessment on my own.

I have 18 Radarlocks and would say that the 'cavity' area looks ok. The reason it looks different to what you're probably used to is that the Safehouse pairs are straight stem. Your pictures show what I'd expect a straight stem pair to look like.

With regards the painting rather than injection moulding I have pairs in my collection like this. My Matte Glacier is white under the switchlock mechanism. Silver is clear under the mechanism. 2013 Cavendish is black ie not metallic green.

Hope this helps

Neil

Last edited:
Back