• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Unfortunately fakes are getting very very convincing unless you do your research or have another you know is genuine that you can compare side by side.

I recently purchased a pair of pit boss II at a good price used and everything looked legit but when I got them in and closely inspected them they were fakes. These fakes were extremely good, serial number was correct, polarized etching on the lens, color on the plates was perfect, and the correct Philips screws in behind the orbitals. Things I caught were an Allen head screw instead of a torx on the orbitals and the etching on the inside of the arm where the pit boss logo is the 'o' in the logo was not the correct font. Also the bottom of the orbital where the plates meet the plastic was a little too rounded over and looked a little thin compared to a genuine one.

These got sent back in the mail today as that's the only way I could get a refund or these would have been posted on YouTube going into a blendtec blender lol.

Ok so hopefully someone here can help. Bought (what appeared to be) a Sky Blue Radar off eBay. When it arrived it was obvious it was a fake (the usual fake case, wrong etching on lens and a SKU that was for a polished aluminum AF Radar). Contacted the seller who sounded surprsed and said the person he bought it from swore it was legit (yeah right). Told him I wanted a refund and that I would go through eBay refund process. The seller never responded to the return claim so I went through the eBay money back guarantee process. Now, even though I provided pics and notes on every single fake part of it, eBay is asking that I get a proof of counterfeit from the vendor/manufacturer/retail store. I already checked the local O store. They won't do it. Called Oakley but got a couple of reroutes in their phone system. Has anyone here gone through this? If so, any options or recommendations?

Ok so hopefully someone here can help. Bought (what appeared to be) a Sky Blue Radar off eBay. When it arrived it was obvious it was a fake (the usual fake case, wrong etching on lens and a SKU that was for a polished aluminum AF Radar). Contacted the seller who sounded surprsed and said the person he bought it from swore it was legit (yeah right). Told him I wanted a refund and that I would go through eBay refund process. The seller never responded to the return claim so I went through the eBay money back guarantee process. Now, even though I provided pics and notes on every single fake part of it, eBay is asking that I get a proof of counterfeit from the vendor/manufacturer/retail store. I already checked the local O store. They won't do it. Called Oakley but got a couple of reroutes in their phone system. Has anyone here gone through this? If so, any options or recommendations?
I'd generate one on my own...

What's eBay gonna do, call Oakley direct and confirm ??

Pffffft....

I'd generate one on my own...

What's eBay gonna do, call Oakley direct and confirm ??

Pffffft....

Was able to get someone on the phone at Oakley. They asked me to send pics so they can confirm it's a fake...hopefully it works out.

Not going the route you brought up. Was looking for a legit solution.

Hi guys! Just a quick look, is this pair of Juliet fake or authentic? Thanks!
Juliet.jpg

I think it fake, just by looking at gross the rubber piece fits on the ear stem...

Take a picture of the inside of the nose bridge and post it...

yeah that was my observation too. It's either the rubber or the stems that are bent kinda awkward. im still asking for more photos with emphasis onthe nosebridge.

Back