• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I'm no X-metal expert but they look legit to me, I'd buy them. Wait for a few more opinions first though.

sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Those look real from the pic. Can you have him take close up pics of the screw head, they should be torx. It appears the hinge is torx looking on a cell phone screen; however look at the gasket screw. If you can see before buying, take some rubbing alcohol to the serial number to ensure it was not printed. The factory laser etched the serial number to prevent removal. If you are not buying in person, I still think you would be safe based off of the pics.

Hey! My friend gave me some sunglasses after I lost my crappy ones, and then a coworker was telling me they were Oakley Juliet, and asking where I got them.
Friend has no idea where they came from, they'd just been at his house. (He has lots of people come over all the time, so could be one of hundreds of people).
But yeah, I don't know what they are, or if they're real or not. There's no serial number on them, or any etching or anything. From my ignorant researching, I think they might be 4th Gen Juliets, but I have noooooo clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's some pictures. sunglasses If you need other angles or shots, let me know. I want to get new lens, ear/nose pieces, since they're beat up. The frames are nice, sturdy, and they lay wonderfully flat, but the rubber bits and lenses need replaced.

I have used Linegear to completely overhaul one Romeo frame and three Juliet frames. They ship from Japan and a pretty quick turnaround. Your Juliets are probably loose on the nose bridge, they sell the coupler pads and replacement pins. I love their NXT (same material the U.S. Apache helicopter windshield is made from) lenses that have proven to be highly resilient to drops and the optical clarity is the closest I have found other than Oakley OEM. They offer several colors to choose from, rubbers and lenses for Juliets.

Hello Oakley people, I need some reassurance that the lenses I just bought are genuine if possible. They were apparently removed from frames destined for prescription purposes and as such all but one come in generic packaging with no instructions. One set comes in a different packet with some Oakley booklet and a barcode sticker but no box. I own chrome iridium and black iridium lenses in my two pairs of Frogskins which I am pretty sure are real (although not 100%) but that's where my experience with Oakley and lenses stops. I don't really know what I'm looking for beyond them looking the same as what I already have. But nonetheless there's a couple of things that have given me doubts. I may be a moron worrying about nothing, if that's the case feel free to point it out! So what I've found is the following:
1) Comparing black iridium Chainlink lenses I bought to my existing black iridium Frogskins, they are almost exactly the same to look through but I can't help but think the Chainlinks are very slightly darker than my Frogskins. It's not a like for like comparison though because I'm comparing Chainlink with my Frogskins, so maybe that could explain it?
2) The Frogskins marked "Violet Mirror" I received kind of don't look like the Violet Iridium I can see in pictures online. In pictures it seems to look pretty much blue with a hint of purple, but mine look full on purple unless you look at them from a very obtuse angle in which case they look blue. When looking through them they're a yellow colour but that turns more blue if you look in the corners. When I look at my light bulb in the reflection of the outside, I can see tiny little dots which I can't see on any of the other lenses I received nor my own. I also feel like if I keep my eyes fixated on one point and move my head up and down while wearing them (inserted into my Frogskins) the tint of yellow seems to change from stronger to paler slightly, but I could be mistaken.
3) Inconsistent labelling. Polarised is spelled wrong on all of the labels ("polorised") but spelled right on all of the lens adverts the seller has on their eBay account. Could be explained by someone else marking them in the opticians I guess. Some have SKUs on some don't. Most called "Iridium" but a couple called "Mirror".
4) The violet Frogskins lenses don't seem to perfectly fit in my frames. I can press on the frame and make it creak which I assume is because they are slightly small therefore allowing flex. My original lenses don't do this. Another set of Frogskins that I bought also don't do it, but one of them seemed a bit harder to get in than the others suggesting it was a bit big. Could it be that the violet ones are intended for the Frogskins LX or Asia or just there are slight differences in the manufacturing of each lens?
5) Some of the polarised have red P stickers, some have blue P stickers and some have no stickers at all. Is this explained by how old the lenses are?

All this said, the "POLARIZED" etching looks good to me, they sound the same when tapped, the ones marked polarised are all indeed polarised and work exactly the same as my current ones when looking at a computer screen through them.

I'm not sure what pictures to post or what other tests to do or what else to look for, so I've just taken a couple of pictures I think might help. If there's any other information/tests/pictures that will help please let me know. Thanks!

Frogskins "Violet Mirror"/Violet Iridium
IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

Chainlink Black Iridium Polarised
IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

Also as a side note. How frequently do you get problems with frame warping from Oakley/Luxottica? Of 5 Luxottica sunglasses I have had (2 Oakley, 3 Ray Ban), 4 have been warped to some extent from new. Both my Frogskins are quite severely warped. Is quality control this bad, are fakes sold by the likes of Zalando and Red Hot Sunglasses or is it something to do with them being stored squashed by the retailers?

Last edited:
So there is a listing for a complete medusa set on Ebay. The seller is saying he needs fast sale (like 24-48 hour auction is all. I bidded when i saw it, but as it was about to end, i was looking and saw a second auction by the same guy for the exact same thing. Same pics and everything!! Now i guess he could have two complete in box sets, but that would surprise me. So i called him out and told him to retract my bid. He did. Auction ended at 2300 bucks or something (i assume someone from this forum "bought" it, but that second listing is still up! Smells like a scam to me...
Below is the current listing. Original is closed and sold for 2300 and change. I hope its legit and someone didnt just get ripped off. I didnt want to risk my $2000 bucks on a possible scam.

image.png
image.png

Latest Posts

Back