• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I saw those posted before. They look good to me but would be nice to have more pics.

Please keep all questions and discussions about fakes/possible fakes in here please. Thanks guys!
Hello, first time here. I purchased a used pair of Oakley Half Jacket 1.0 sunglasses. There are no size markings...it only says Made in USA on the ear sock.
Any idea if these are authentic? Thanks in advance!

Hello, first time here. I purchased a used pair of Oakley Half Jacket 1.0 sunglasses. There are no size markings...it only says Made in USA on the ear sock.
Any idea if these are authentic? Thanks in advance!

You need to post pics if you're to have any chance of people helping you with this one.

You guys beat me to it. Wasn't even a good fake! Jeesh, if you are going to post up a fake, at least make it close.

if there is no serial number on the frames are they fakes my friend says his flak jackets arent fake.
It's hard to say because having a no serial number or SKU number on the frame doesn't necessary mean that its fake. Especially when it comes to the older Oakley's .Of course all the new model should have SKU numbers . The only way to know for sure if a pair of Oakley's are authentic is to take them into an Oakley store and have a rep authenticate them or send them into Oakley's service dept (but if you do this you will be paying $15 for shipping and you must call to set a service claim with a rep and it can take 2-3 weeks before they send your eyewear back .
The reasoning behind all this is because the fakes are getting so good that Oakley can no longer tell by just visually seeing photos of the eye wear ( which they used to do in their customer care dept). Now when you call Oakley will just advise you to take the eyewear into an O store or send it into them for authenticity .

Here are some red flags of fake Oakley's:
-Cheaply Price . Oakley has a sales section on Oakley.com but they don't have any eyewear lower than maybe $60 bucks
-If the website is not Oakley.com ,OakleySI.com or an authorized Oakley dealer .
-If your ordering from eBay it's tricky because the item could may very well be authentic .It's just so hard to tell by photos .Also Oakley will not honor warranty on items purchases on ebay but you can get services done at a cost to you .

Sorry about the lengthy message . I hoped it helped

It's hard to say because having a no serial number or SKU number on the frame doesn't necessary mean that its fake. Especially when it comes to the older Oakley's .Of course all the new model should have SKU numbers . The only way to know for sure if a pair of Oakley's are authentic is to take them into an Oakley store and have a rep authenticate them or send them into Oakley's service dept (but if you do this you will be paying $15 for shipping and you must call to set a service claim with a rep and it can take 2-3 weeks before they send your eyewear back .
The reasoning behind all this is because the fakes are getting so good that Oakley can no longer tell by just visually seeing photos of the eye wear ( which they used to do in their customer care dept). Now when you call Oakley will just advise you to take the eyewear into an O store or send it into them for authenticity .

Here are some red flags of fake Oakley's:
-Cheaply Price . Oakley has a sales section on Oakley.com but they don't have any eyewear lower than maybe $60 bucks
-If the website is not Oakley.com ,OakleySI.com or an authorized Oakley dealer .
-If your ordering from eBay it's tricky because the item could may very well be authentic .It's just so hard to tell by photos .Also Oakley will not honor warranty on items purchases on ebay but you can get services done at a cost to you .

Sorry about the lengthy message . I hoped it helped
I hope he hasn't been waiting 4 plus years for a answer.. Btw custom orders and some replacement DO NOT have a sku #s or serials where applicable o_O

Back