• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

***Official NFL Season 2014***

I know, man. That score right before halftime - albeit only a field goal - turned out to be huge. Got us back within 10, but more importantly it gave us some momentum and confidence going into the locker room. Second half was great. Any word on Jake Matthews injury? I haven't had a chance to read about it yet...
I heard that it is an ankle sprain. Hopefully, it is nothing serious.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...njury-roundup-xrays-negative-on-jake-matthews

Personally I'm against the idea of athletes or other celebrity entertainers as role models. They're all just putting out a product and, despite TMZ and the like, we don't really know who they really are and all the douchebaggery that may go on in their personal lives. Role models should be those that make a meaningful improvement to the human condition, not just provide entertainment. If being entertaining qualified one as a role model, then Rosy Palm and her Five Sisters would be at the top of the list. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure others feel differently.

And regardless of my personal opinion, the fact is that many athletes and entertainers are seen as role models, so it is what it is. The NFL and the like aren't obligated to enforce morality in off-field behavior, but the public demands it. And it's ultimately the public that funds their paychecks. So commentators get fired for insensitive remarks and players get released for punching women. Or murdering people. Or smoking weed.

I know, man. It's such a weird double-standard that our culture has for entertainers. "Reality" TV glorifies celebrities/entertainers who hardly qualify as anything close to role models, yet we hold professional athletes to a completely different standard in most cases. Just an observation, of course. I am in no way condoning some of the crap that these guys do. I'm just saying that I completely agree - there are far better places to look if we want to find people who qualify as role models...

9ers won :cool-20:, but seahawks again this year if they stay healthy. unreal team.
anyone any tips on pickups in the fantasy draft after week 1???

9ers won :cool-20:, but seahawks again this year if they stay healthy. unreal team.
anyone any tips on pickups in the fantasy draft after week 1???
Ray Rice at running back... :gotcha::gotcha::gotcha:

Seriously though - Matt Ryan at QB. I am a Falcons fan, but given what he did in week 1 and the depth of talent he has at WR, I don't think you can go wrong.

The rookie WR for Jacksonville, Allen Hurns, had an awesome week 1. Jacksonville may not be relevant but he could be a great value pick for you...

Knowshon Moreno had a great first week in his Miami debut at RB, too...

Ray Rice at running back... :gotcha::gotcha::gotcha:
brilliant.
yes hyde/beasley/hurns still there. others gone, wanted ryan as my 2nd QB but had already gone, no way they will have as bad a season as last year.
hyde certainly looks good especially if gore gets injured. as of turns and beasley, i aint heard of those 2, and it rb's i am a bit short of. hopefully i'll get him first in the waiver.
any opinions on ivory?

brilliant.
yes hyde/beasley/hurns still there. others gone, wanted ryan as my 2nd QB but had already gone, no way they will have as bad a season as last year.
hyde certainly looks good especially if gore gets injured. as of turns and beasley, i aint heard of those 2, and it rb's i am a bit short of. hopefully i'll get him first in the waiver.
any opinions on ivory?
Ivory is going against GB next week who gave up 207 rushing yards to Seattle. Granted the Jets are no Seattle, but he definitely may be worth a shot...

brilliant.
any opinions on ivory?
Beasley especially if dez is going to leave the game because of 'dehydration'!

Latest Posts

Back