• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oil Drum Ducati

karimo

I am Jim Jannard...
Chile
Finally got my Oil Drum Ducati, but it is way worse than I was told...
The frame is all scratched, the lens doesn't have the ducati etch on it, lenses with many marks, the SKU got erased... and it was all dirty, I mean really dirty, like if the seller took it to a mud fight before shipping it.
Pictures of it now, after the cleaning job.
IMG_1354.JPG
IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1352.JPG
IMG_1353.JPG

The scratches in the frame/earstems don't matter(they can be worked out with some fine wet and dry sandpaper and liquid abbrasive). It's more the lack of Ducati lens etching. EAPIREX? Never seen this before but maybe it's found on the larger framed Ducati O-matter pieces.

The scratches in the frame/earstems don't matter(they can be worked out with some fine wet and dry sandpaper and liquid abbrasive). It's more the lack of Ducati lens etching. EAPIREX? Never seen this before but maybe it's found on the larger framed Ducati O-matter pieces.
That's because of the rider Loris Capirossi and his bike number #65, you can see that Capirex stamp on all Oil Drum Ducati Frames.

That's because of the rider Loris Capirossi and his bike number #65, you can see that Capirex stamp on all Oil Drum Ducati Frames.

OK, now that makes more sense. Didn't know about Loris having an exclusive Oil Drum set. Wasn't thinking about 65 being his number used in GP racing(it's been a while since I last saw him race). A fine racer.

I have this frame and never noticed that "Capirex". I am truly blind. Or swindled.

I will check tonight and see / make sure it's there!

They look decent now, I'm glad I didn't see them when you got them, saved me from being pissed!

I have this frame and never noticed that "Capirex". I am truly blind. Or swindled.

I will check tonight and see / make sure it's there!

They look decent now, I'm glad I didn't see them when you got them, saved me from being pissed!
Let me know if you see the Capirex stamp.

Ok, please take a crayon and color me oblivious. My pair has the etched lenses ( which I knew ) and the Capirex stamp (which I DID NOT know...and I've worn them! ).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Duuh. :crazy:

Latest Posts

Back