• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ok Here It Is Polished Countertop Model

How'd you polish the plexiglass? I need to do that with mine. So far i used automotive scratch remover and a microfiber towel. That has helped a bit, but i still have some scratches i can't get out.

Mothers mag polish I found to be the best. Lay down a towel and put the plexiglas down. Use mothers mag and a buffer. If you can actually grab the scratch with your fingernail then you need to sand it out. Use the same steps I used to polish the case then buff out. I actually did mine with a rag. I didn't have time or access last night to a buffer. This will be soon though.

To everyone please read online. Alcohol base glass cleaner will actually hurt your plexiglas.

How to Clean Plexiglass, Remove Scratches, and stop a crack

I think everyone that has a display case with plexiglas should read this article.

How'd you polish the plexiglass? I need to do that with mine. So far i used automotive scratch remover and a microfiber towel. That has helped a bit, but i still have some scratches i can't get out.

Buy new? Plexi to re-do that case couldn't be that expensive? That is however if the Plexi can be removed.....I don't know...my damn tower is sitting in a garage in Green Bay........

If rebuy new plexiglas from lowes if I get the same thickness as before. It will cost over 300 bucks to do. 1/2 plexiglas shelves are not
cheep. I might be able to get to better off of feebay. With the proper care you should never have to replace your plexiglas. You just need
time and dedication.

To fill it I am just starting collecting again. I am a Juliet/xmetal freak so it's expensive to fill the case.

2HC+rwVy_original.jpg

Nice work on this case. I just got the same one and am trying to figure out what the 4 holes at the top and bottom are for? The bottom ones have 4 allen head screws that do nothing but fill the holes. Is the some fixture that goes with this? Not all counter tops have the holes.

Back