1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

...there is some type of flaw in the way Oakley designed the removal of the lenses for the Batwolf. I have removed literally hundreds of lenses in frames from Oil Rigs to Fuel Cells to Batwolf to C Six to Pit Boss....the list goes on and on.

Today, I removed a positive red iridium Batwolf lens from my Norway pair. For the third time, the iridium has been damaged in the middle nose bridge piece of the lens when it's removed. Apparently, removing the Batwolf lens puts too much stress on it in the center and it causes the iridium to crack and peel off on the nose bridge. This occurred on a pair of jade lenses, fire iridium lenses and now positive red iridium. Luckily, it occurs on the nosebridge so it doesn't affect the vision, but this is beginning to piss me off!!!!!!!

I have two of these lenses so I was removing it to sell it, just lost quite a bit of value...

OK, I Am Officially Convinced...... - 20120915_144819.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Damn I need to be careful in removing mine. I have noticed that these are a little tougher to remove than other frames.

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I have changed dozens of Batwolf lenses and have never had this issue. What I do is usually pop the sides out/in first and usually the nose will work it's way out/in about it.

I won't be changing out the lenses on my Country Flag's though.

4. BAPD77

The first time was on fire iridium and I thought man, I screwed that up. The second time on the jade lens, I thought I was more careful so it maybe was the frame, this time, I'm convince it's the design!! I'm f'n pissed right now LOL!

5. BAPD77

Ya, I usually pull one side out and then the center then the other side, I guess I need to do both sides first. THe oil rig, which is similar in size and design has never done this to me!

6. ND56

ND56 Oakley Beginner

I've had the same issue with some pairs of Antix

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I've got a black iridium I'll sell you cheap to practice :laugh:

8. BAPD77

How much? Are they damaged? How about a trade...

9. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I've got two Batwolf lenses (black and grey I believe), a bag, and a couple icons. The frame did not fare so well once it met the dremel. I'd trade for a bag or a lens or something. PM me

10. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

I also damaged my fire lense from my batwolf. Scratches in the nose bridge area after changing the lense