• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OK, I Am Officially Convinced......

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24

...there is some type of flaw in the way Oakley designed the removal of the lenses for the Batwolf. I have removed literally hundreds of lenses in frames from Oil Rigs to Fuel Cells to Batwolf to C Six to Pit Boss....the list goes on and on.

Today, I removed a positive red iridium Batwolf lens from my Norway pair. For the third time, the iridium has been damaged in the middle nose bridge piece of the lens when it's removed. Apparently, removing the Batwolf lens puts too much stress on it in the center and it causes the iridium to crack and peel off on the nose bridge. This occurred on a pair of jade lenses, fire iridium lenses and now positive red iridium. Luckily, it occurs on the nosebridge so it doesn't affect the vision, but this is beginning to piss me off!!!!!!!

I have two of these lenses so I was removing it to sell it, just lost quite a bit of value...

20120915_144819.jpg

...there is some type of flaw in the way Oakley designed the removal of the lenses for the Batwolf. I have removed literally hundreds of lenses in frames from Oil Rigs to Fuel Cells to Batwolf to C Six to Pit Boss....the list goes on and on.

Today, I removed a positive red iridium Batwolf lens from my Norway pair. For the third time, the iridium has been damaged in the middle nose bridge piece of the lens when it's removed. Apparently, removing the Batwolf lens puts too much stress on it in the center and it causes the iridium to crack and peel off on the nose bridge. This occurred on a pair of jade lenses, fire iridium lenses and now positive red iridium. Luckily, it occurs on the nosebridge so it doesn't affect the vision, but this is beginning to piss me off!!!!!!!

20120915_144819.jpg

Damn I need to be careful in removing mine. I have noticed that these are a little tougher to remove than other frames.

I have changed dozens of Batwolf lenses and have never had this issue. What I do is usually pop the sides out/in first and usually the nose will work it's way out/in about it.

I won't be changing out the lenses on my Country Flag's though.

Damn I need to be careful in removing mine. I have noticed that these are a little tougher to remove than other frames.

The first time was on fire iridium and I thought man, I screwed that up. The second time on the jade lens, I thought I was more careful so it maybe was the frame, this time, I'm convince it's the design!! I'm f'n pissed right now LOL!

I have changed dozens of Batwolf lenses and have never had this issue. What I do is usually pop the sides out/in first and usually the nose will work it's way out/in about it.

Ya, I usually pull one side out and then the center then the other side, I guess I need to do both sides first. THe oil rig, which is similar in size and design has never done this to me!