• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OK, So Now I Am Getting A Little Annoyed...

FearGearGarage

OG Oakley Collector
Premium Member
A Creek in AZ
We had this whole discussion on opening a thread for VINTAGE and one of the arguments was that it would take away from the General Discussion area, so obviously that area gets the most views and using that logic I posted a thread looking for a specific watch. The watch section gets minimal views so I wanted maximum exposure to my request... Then my thread gets moved to the watch thread! If we are going to have specific places to post collections and sell items and in my case SEEK an item then I again revert back to my thought that a Vintage section is justified. I posted the thread so that someone who may have a watch but isn't necessarily looking for a watch or may not go to the watch section because they aren't necessarliy looking to sell the watch either may see it in General Discussion and think HEY I THINK FearGearGarage MIGHT BE A FINE NEW OWNER FOR THAT WATCH I NEVER WEAR! So now the thread will never get seen by that guy...

Oh by the way I am talking about the Emerald Time Bomb that I have been looking for....lol

I guess I don't follow your logic. There's a sub-forum that sees very little traffic, because it's not the main sunglasses discussion section. And you want to create a new sub-forum that is a spinoff of the high traffic area. And what happens when the new forum generates very little traffic, are you just going to post vintage pairs in the general sunglasses area? The number of actual discussion topics about vintage pairs made so far in 2012 can probably be counted on one hand, unless we're going by the pre-Lux-takeover time frame that some people wanted. No new topics means not many visitors, means a new topic won't generate very many reads, and you've got a section with as much traffic as watches, displays, and goggles.

I thought the divisions were pretty clear. Sunglasses, then specifically Frogs and Metals, then everything NOT sunglasses is kind of broken up a bit, but still pretty specific. What is vintage? Do I need a list of frames, a time line, and a reference manual to find out when my pair was made, discontinued, who was CEO when it was designed? It's convoluted at best, confusing to new members especially.

The mods did you a favor by leaving your WTB ad in the general sunglasses section for as long as they did. It seems that way to me, anyway.

PS- not trying to sound snide or anything, I'm just thinking/debating out loud.

I don't use the sub-forums at all. I just hit 'New Posts'. I see everything there that's new or being commented on, doesn't matter where it was originally posted. It's easy, I see everything with minimal effort.

I guess I don't follow your logic. There's a sub-forum that sees very little traffic, because it's not the main sunglasses discussion section. And you want to create a new sub-forum that is a spinoff of the high traffic area. And what happens when the new forum generates very little traffic, are you just going to post vintage pairs in the general sunglasses area? The number of actual discussion topics about vintage pairs made so far in 2012 can probably be counted on one hand, unless we're going by the pre-Lux-takeover time frame that some people wanted. No new topics means not many visitors, means a new topic won't generate very many reads, and you've got a section with as much traffic as watches, displays, and goggles.

I thought the divisions were pretty clear. Sunglasses, then specifically Frogs and Metals, then everything NOT sunglasses is kind of broken up a bit, but still pretty specific. What is vintage? Do I need a list of frames, a time line, and a reference manual to find out when my pair was made, discontinued, who was CEO when it was designed? It's convoluted at best, confusing to new members especially.

The mods did you a favor by leaving your WTB ad in the general sunglasses section for as long as they did. It seems that way to me, anyway.

PS- not trying to sound snide or anything, I'm just thinking/debating out loud.

Well of course this wouldn't make sense to someone not trying to collect or sell more vintage pieces just buying newer sport frames. Having a vintage section would make things much easier to sell and search for vintage pieces. Having its own section would awesome. +1 for FFG

I'm not sure why you didn't think itd get moved. It was the wrong section and was put in the right one. Just like every other thread before it and everyone after that's in the wrong spot.

I also check the current threads so it doesn't really matter where it is. Is there's a bump, we see it.

I don't use the sub-forums at all. I just hit 'New Posts'. I see everything there that's new or being commented on, doesn't matter where it was originally posted. It's easy, I see everything with minimal effort.

Exactly what I do.

thats what i do. unless i wanna search for a thread i posted on, i go back to my page and lick on the "topics ive posted on link"

sorry FearGear - but it was the wrong section . . .
we all have to follow the rules - me too!

Back