• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ok, someone needs to school me...

kodiak71

Oakley Beginner
I have two pair of hinged Oakley M Frames, according to the O site you can still order replacement lenses so I did and they don't fit. Can someone school me on M Frames and lenses? I'd like to get some replacements before the M Frame is totally gone. One frame is from the 90's and one is from the mid 2000's. What lenses am I supposed to be buying or am I SOL?

Can you post a photo of your frames and describe how the lenses did not fit?

There are variations in frames and lenses that can cause fit issues. Specifically trying to use a short-hook frame with long-hook lenses or vice versa. Otherwise tolerances can cause an overly tight or loose fit - some frames just don't like some lenses.

I can go into further detail and anecdotal evidence to support it, but I'd rather see and be sure of what we're working with first. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post out in the open.

Rustspot, do you have an email I could send the pictures to? The best clarity pictures I could get are with my phone and I'm not sure how to upload them to the site. Or you could help me with that. Either way.

Thanks,

Paul
Scroll to the bottom of this thread and you'll see the "upload a file" option..click it and it should take you to your pics on the phone..click the pic..wait and it'll pop up..click "post reply"

This M should be about the vintage you mention.
M Frame 1.jpg
You can see the difference between the "long hook" and "short hook" here.
M Frame 2.jpg M Frtame 3.jpg
I use both interchangeably, and not had a fit problem.

Latest Posts

Back