• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading $OLD JBR #362

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I am contemplating parting with my JBR. I have only had it a couple of months. I wore it once for about 10 minutes in the house and its not for me. Before anyone gets too excited for a deal here I have to say I will be listing it on eBay for a totally obscene price :crazypilot:. I think this is fair considering there are only about 50 known pairs in existence, only about half of which are matched/complete. If OF members are interested in buying it outright they can PM me, but I am really looking for some cash plus something in trade. That said I would PREFER for an OF member to get this in a trade + ca$h deal.

Regarding trades in whole or part. I am interested in trading for the following:
- PB1's (Rootbeer, Ducati, or Indy - need not be complete but must be in excellent condition with clean lenses)
- Polished R1 - frames/gaskets only, lenses optional... (I know it is not a stock colorway but I know a few of y'all have them around)
- Polished Penny (frame only, lenses optional)
- Silver Shoe Ones (any size)
- Black, Yellow, or White Shoe Ones (size 11.5 or 12)

The JBR overall is a 9.9/10 = not perfect, but damn close!
The frame is 10/10 - seriously flawless, not a mark on it :)
The rubbers are perfect and the original extras are included...
The nose bridge is a 10/10 - again, more good as new goodness here!
(-) .1 for the lenses (1 single small mark that I cannot capture in the pics, see if you can find it! I used supplemental lighting at multiple angles and could not capture it, a hairline a couple of mm long near the bottom edge of the left lens) - I am confident these came to me this way as I have not worn them but once for a few minutes indoors and just thoroughly cleaned them for the first time today prior to this post - that is when i noticed the mark under close examination from a dozen different angles.

I am also deducting 'Collector points' for the following:
(-) .1 for the coin holder ('the usual' rips)
(-) .1 for the marks on the label, as seen in the pics

Here are the pics...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjlsr/sets/72157647994436597

Any ?s' please ask! :)

Some people reacted to this post.
What are you selling the JBR'S
For?

Nooooooooo !!! My brain is doing contortions as the wallet trembles behind the couch !! :(

Pm'ed

No asking price for OF [yet]... I am hoping for ca$h + trade, per the listing.

TRANSLATION: I WOULD RATHER THESE GO TO A FELLOW OF MEMBER/COLLECTOR AND I GET SOMETHING MORE USEFUL PLUS SOME CA$H IN TRADE - IF MY INTENT WAS NOT CLEAR IN THE ORIGINAL POST IT SHOULD BE NOW

I will be listing these for sale outright on eBay <eventually> presuming I don't land a deal in the near term ;)

I do not mind sharing the projected costs and my reasoning. I've sent the following info to a few folks already so I'll share it here:

The eBay listing will probably be at least $1000, the one with the unmatched box [presume unmatched as box cannot be verified nor the condition of the piece itself] - that one is currently listed has some action @ $870... That would put my net at around $900 after eBay fees, so around there + shipping. I have about $800 in it so I'm not looking for a huge profit, but I do not need to sell it and I think it is worth a bit more than I paid for it.

I might go crazy stupid and list it for more. I don't NEED to sell it, I just don't WANT it as much as many others would. It is not for me. Anyone who knows me knows that I wear what I have and I have what I wear - and this piece is not getting worn. :(

Last edited:
Ok... relax... I'll wait 24 hours for $/trade offers before I go over to eBay. As I noted above this is not about profit, but I'm not prepared to take a loss either. I just want it to go to a good home and would like to have something I want in return if possible. :) Happy Sunday!

PM INCOMING!!!!!

i'm still kicking myself in the butt for missing these on eBay when they were available and were showing up one or two pairs a week

Weird, couldn't pm these:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412546334.483120.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412546366.917732.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412546379.151968.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412546394.372446.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412546414.472953.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412546424.971111.jpg

Good luck with these Dragonvoi, JBRs are a great pair!