• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Old school pics.

Jameszombie

Oakley Beginner
Tennessee
Just showing off. I thank god I had Oakley overseas. I used to slingshot tootsie rolls at kids from my turret. Whenever they saw the skull they would raise their hands to their mouths and it did not matter if you hit them in the head or body, they would always yell thank you missa. Much different than the responses you get from kids stateside. Hardly even grateful.
PICT0109_3.jpg
l_466ccfffdef20bdb0f7424681516f8d3.jpg
PICT0147.jpg

I appreciate you guys taking time to read my rantings. I like sharing this story. I think it was an attempt to shed light in dark times. One of the hardest things you can face overseas is the language and cultural barriers. Communicating with people through gestures and sloppy translation can result in horrible tragedies. Finding a common ground, especially with war torn youth, is rewarding in more ways than you can imagine. Showing them positive and laughable attention can diffuse what they have been taught. There is no hero or villain in that world. It is all just miscommunication. Denying an assumption of enemy can change their lives for the better. That and shooting kids with candy through a slingshot is F^&^%^$ funny.

Back