• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OMFG New Stands Scratch Lenses???

WavecloudCustoms

Wavecloud Customs dot com
Oxford UK
Well folks!! Unbelievable!

Just got 2 new 4.0 Oakley stands and so far every pair I've tried on them, the plastic of the stand rubs against the inside of the lens!!??

This really proves that Oakley are lost in their ideas and strategies....

This really sucks... how many brand new pairs are being scratched in the shops just by the display stand. Terrible!

Yup. I was warned about the same by another member over on social network.
Too bad, as cool as they look, they seem to be destructive :mad:
They still fetch top $ though :confused:

pi$$ poor design but i have wrapped small elastic bands around the nosebridge rest to stop them sliding back.
a8411b75fa82c1604c87ed867c7c5ba7.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon some of the latest stuff is being designed by Chinese school children as their projects and then being used by Oakley... how else do you explain the Pee Pot err I mean the Trilbee and stands that destroy lenses?? o_O:rofl:
I have to see what a Pee Pot is :rofl:
Edit: I figured it out. yay me.

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
Thats why I still use the black ones and will continue to. I was in a store recently and tested one out with a display pair. No way any of my shades will ever sit on one of those.
I had the chance to get new stands, but one look at the design and I ordered the older black ones instead. The more new things I see from Oakley, and the more I try to deal with Oakley employees who have no idea what is going on, the less I want to collect and buy anything Oakley. I will be sticking with x-metal and wires. Sorry for the rant.

Thats why I still use the black ones and will continue to. I was in a store recently and tested one out with a display pair. No way any of my shades will ever sit on one of those.

I have one pair on a "1 Tier" 4.0 stand and that's it. I had to be selective to make sure they didn't rub after getting one gratis and reading the issues here.
No more for me.

Back