1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

I searched and there is no dedicated thread to the Oakley One Icon Coin. There are a few mentions of it but not a lot. I bought one of the ones on eBay, yes the ones for $1000, no lol I did not pay $1000. Now I'm curious about it. I bought it because I've never seen one, never seen one for sale, and it's pretty cool.

So what's the story with it? From what I gather they were given out at HQ to either employees, visitors, or both. So I guess they're kind of like the employee dog tag without the serial number? When asking for a value on it, because we all know $1000 is nuts, I got anywhere from $250-$400. That still seems crazy to me. Like the small later version of the XX and R2 coins. There is one for sale now in the exchange so that's the first sale I've seen for one besides the eBay one I got.

WITHOUT getting it locked, this is the thread for all things Oakley One Icon Coin.

I'll post pictures when it comes in tomorrow.

Discuss!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

It's a nice coin. Have some. Nothing super special about it I think. People is crazy yo!

Lexkempo and SiRacer420 like this.
  3. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Awesome....give ya $25 for one then.

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

It's in the mail. Sent. Wait for it. ;)

5. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

I'd go up to 35 ;)

6. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Don't hate a fellow member for trying

7. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

Problem solved!

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

Too late. Sent them all to @IUSTEVE

9. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

From what I understand is that the coin was given to the lucky people that got the "exclusive" HQ tour. A buddy of mine on here had that exact experience. Fast forward 2 years and they pop up on eBay for $25 BIN.... As soon as one would sell another went up.....same price. I believe about 6-8 of us were lucky to get one that cheap. Soon after the price jumped to $100. Coin seems to be identical in size to the later Gen XM coins partnered with 3 piece boxes.

One Icon Coin - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459474284.973995.jpg

One Icon Coin - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459474295.255529.jpg

Last edited: 3/31/16
  10. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

Ahhh this is the history I like. Good stuff, thanks!

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.