• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

One Pair Per Model Rule. Any Followers?

i cant do the "one pair, one model" because when i find a frame that suits me i like to have it in different colors

Right now my self imposed restrictions on Oakley collecting are one style from each of the three categories by color lenses: sport, active, and lifestyle.

So it goes like this:

Black/Grey lenses:

Sport - Flak Jacket
Active - Splinter
Lifestyle - Oil Rig (just ordered tonight from MCR)

Blue lenses:

Sport - Split Jacket
Active - C-Wire
Lifestyle - Gascan

Green lenses:

Sport - Juliet
Active - Square Whisker
Lifestyle - Fuel Cell

My Gascan actually has Ruby Iridiums right now but I plan on getting Ice for them soon. Still unsure about what three pairs I plan on getting for the red lenses section of my collection.

My only rule is to not buy a pair that I really don't like (with the exception of a artist series because I want the complete set). As far as radar, frogskins and holbrook, personally, I hate all of them too! I have one frog for my jupiter camo shelf, one radar for my infinite hero shelf, but I never wear either. I don't have any holbrook.

Anyhow, I decided I wasn't going to get something just because others like it or it's collectible. I have to like it. For this reason, I've decided not to get the very limited and sought after shaun white GOLDbrook. I just don't like it. It looks cool, but holbrooks fit me terribly!

And as far as one pair per model, I failed miserablye. I have over 20 fuel cell, 13 oil rigs and probably 7-8 Antix and Batwolf. I love all those frames.

o.0 there's no way im sticking with one frame one model. That's nearly impossible. I do have a rule, i only buy stuff ill honestly wear and have a reason to buy. Ill never buy a holbrook, froggy, sports frame, although a SJ sort of borderline's a sport frame i guess? but even that frame im not to crazy about.
im a big fan of Oakley doing the MOTOGP series.
i want to get another custom fuel cell. im not a big fan of the 'active' line. im not big on using sport frames around town...just doesnt seem right to me.

i basically agree with the game. when i find a frame i like, i buy multiple versions of it. :D

I think I might start doing the one pair per model rule myself. I have multiples of some styles and only one of others.

I might modify the rule though by having multiple set of lenses for each pair, that way you can change it up whenever you want.

I think I might start doing the one pair per model rule myself. I have multiples of some styles and only one of others.

I might modify the rule though by having multiple set of lenses for each pair, that way you can change it up whenever you want.
Yeah, I plan on getting more into the multiple lenses thing myself. I just wish stuff like icons were able to be switched out as well but that option's only on a few select frames.

collect what you like, and like what you collect! Although the one pair per model rule has been the core structure of my collecting since the beginning although there are a couple of instances where i have to mak eexceptions... especially when there is a color way that is a must for me (like the wood grain montefrios and that fmj gold holbrook) or when there is a special sale (like the buy one get one free offer that SGH was running... i ended up with a serialized plasma / ice juliet and got the plasma / emerald one free)

Back