1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Wally Taylor

Wally Taylor Oakley Enthusiast

I bought my FROGSKIN Woodgrains with the PRIZM Daily. In my opinion, it was a heck of a start. Every time I take my dog up the road, I just HAVE to break out the Frogs. The comfort and the lenses are just irresistable. I have H2O Deeps on my Flak Jacket XLJ's. I like the H2O lenses better because I have severe light sensitivity in my right eye after an accident, but I still reach for my Frogs even ob the brightest days. I AM HOOKED.
    So, I need the opinions of some Frogskin experts. Which pair of Frogskins do You reach for every time. I'm out to buy Frogskins that become old friends quickly, and You guys know which ones they are.
    Also, please keep in mind that I'm 59 years old, so anything really funky will more than likely make me look kind of douschey.

Funky-Trixtar likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I think you should try a frame that wraps better than frogs. More coverage you'll like I think

Wavecloud and headpatrolman like this.
  3. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

Comfort and style frogs are ok... But if you want to collect them...man you are in hell to start... Theres a lot out there and i think its better off for you to go with black, brown, woodgrain frames... They are fun to collect

Funky-Trixtar likes this.
  4. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Wally, if you're comfortable wearing Frogs, then YOU choose which colourway you like: there is a whole gammut at your disposal. It is only colour after all......

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  5. Wally Taylor

Frank, I have the Flak XLJ's. I really like them, but I'm liking my Woodgrain Frogs too. I have an old pair of Ray Ban Woody Wayfarers, and the Frogskins blow them out of the water for coverage. I never wear the Ray Bans anyway. I got them at an estate sale for five bucks. I didn't even know that people were looking for them. Love the Frogs. I love my Flaks more too now that I got the H2O Deep PRIZMS installed.

6. Wally Taylor

I'm really hoping that they come out with a Blue frae with H2O Deep PRIZMS. I've been contacting Oakley, and all that I've gotten from them is that they're considering Deep Water PRIZM Polarized lenses for Frogskin. Whatever they come in, I'm going to put them in my Woodgrains.

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ok

8. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Wally. Collect them all like I'm trying to.. it's a loosing battle but you'll never be bored.

I still think it's funny how much you post about this pair. I can't wait to see what you'll do when you hit on a pair your REALLY excited for. Lol

9. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Itll be great when the drop next month.

10. Wally Taylor

I REALLY hope that they make them for Frogskins. I contacted Chris about cutting out a pair if they don't, and he will attempt it. But the Donor Base Curve is a 7 and Frogskins are a 6. I see that they are inset over a MM from the edge, so I think it could be done with the outside cuts beveled instead of crowned to the edge-center of the lens. I think it can be done, and Chris is the guy to make it happen.
    I don't know why Oakley wouldn't just make them up for a huge seller like Frogskins. I've been wearing Deep Waters for two days, and I want them in every pair of shades that I own. The picture that they present is fantastic, and bright sun is no problem. They are the perfect lens for me, and I need good DARK lenses. Deep Waters do it all, and they do it right. I went out on the breakwater and saw a few big Brown Trout, and they looked to be about ten feet down. I took my glasses, but left my fishin' gear at home. That won't happen again! You can see what You're fishin' for in clear water.