• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

One Thing I Have Noticed On This Forum....

stevan5150

Oakley Expert
I have been on here a week and I know this site is kinda still in the infant stage, but I have honestly seen no love for old School Oakley on here much. And of course i know this is due to everyone having their own taste and style of what model oakleys they like. It seems that all i see on here is Frogskin this Gascan that. Which is fine and dandy, but we need to not forget about how the late 80's and 90's Oakleys were incredible (of course in my opinion lol)

haha

probably you will not find so much "oldschool-talk", because this already done ;o)
the most member have a "collection" and trying, to be updated on the newest pair...

you can open a thread, and we will see, who jumps on these!?
but you have to remember, that oakley is on the market since so many years, that they have thousends of models or backpacks, to talk about!

for instant, you will find a lot of members, how loves the Plate or something else....

you will get any information in here - just ask!

haha

probably you will not find so much "oldschool-talk", because this already done ;o)
the most member have a "collection" and trying, to be updated on the newest pair...

you can open a thread, and we will see, who jumps on these!?
but you have to remember, that oakley is on the market since so many years, that they have thousends of models or backpacks, to talk about!

for instant, you will find a lot of members, how loves the Plate or something else....

you will get any information in here - just ask!

I guess what would be awesome is a Old School sub forum, seperated into 80's 90's and early 2000's

Frogskins are old school. And there's dudes on here with OG Eyeshade collections. Those are about as old school as it comes I'd say.

ADMINISTRATOR & MODERATOR do see that?!?!
you have the power to open an OLD SCHOOL section. . .
;o)

Not sure if another sub forum is warranted. The Frogskin sub forum seems pretty slow, even though there are a ton of frogskin collectors here.

Although i do think subforums for the model line might be a better idea: X Metal Forum, Wire Forum, O-Matter Forum, etc.

Not sure if another sub forum is warranted. The Frogskin sub forum seems pretty slow, even though there are a ton of frogskin collectors here.

Although i do think subforums for the model line might be a better idea: X Metal Forum, Wire Forum, O-Matter Forum, etc.

I agree, thats a perfect suggestion!

@SpliceD
the MISC. section is "slow" as well . . .
maybe a combination between the models and the release dates?!?
it´s definitely a new input for our community.

I hear ya stevan5150, but I'm not sure how many vintage or long time collectors are here on the boards? I know I have been collecting since the Eyeshade and I actually wore them. There are occasional questions on the vintage stuff, what model and stuff of that nature, but your right most of the talk is usually geared toward the newer and upcoming stuff. I love the older stuff, which is what got me hooked in the first place. The early stuff can't be beat with it's over the top styling and outrageous colors.

Latest Posts

Back