• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ongoing O Projects

Oakley-olic

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
SoCal
I thought I would list my ongoing (a better word for un-finished) projects here. Maybe the guilt will motivate me to finish something. This is not wish list of projects, got plenty more of those. These are projects that have been started but not completed. I have outsourced some of the sub projects and all have been returned. Thanks to X Man, EdsJunk for their completed work and all the others I have purchased parts from here on the forum. It is all in my hands now. I will update this post with pics when (if) I finish. I am trying to not start anything else.

1. The biggest project, a black double wide restore/upgrade from 3.0 to 3.9. It will have all new electronics, black hammer finish repaint, acrylic doors with knobs, bottom acrylic, glass shelves including a 1/2 shelf to accommodate a Shadow Bob, all LED lighting 150W power supply with 4 zone dimmer, always on night light, cabinet lights in bottom with 3M carbon fiber shelf covering, same knobs for bottom doors, and of course new casters.

2. Polished Juliet originally plasma with Oakley blue rubber, etched ice lens from EdsJunk. This was complete with BIP and black rubber but changed it up again.

3. Matte black XX from X Man, etched lens from EdsJunk, Linegear rubber. -----DONE

4. Plasma Romeo 1 re blast from X Man, lenses not decided yet. Probably original gold with rootbeer rubber.

5. X Metal 2 tone from X Man, custom cut ice lenses with blue Linegear rubber. Probably etched from EdsJunk after cutting.

6. Matte black Juliet from X Man, IH lenses, Oakley purple rubber. Thanks to X Metalmaniac for the lenses/box/microbag :thumb:.-----Done

7. X Metal Romeo 1, apart waiting for X Mans return. Will keep original lenses and rubber.

8. Plasma Romeo 1, apart waiting for X Mans return. Will keep original lenses and rubber

9 X Metal XX, apart waiting for X Mans return. Undecided on lenses and rubber.

10. Oakley Shadow Bob restore/mod.

11. Oakley branding display mod, black with polished O. From erwin oakley, thanks.

12. Silver Jury polishing is complete but need to reassemble and paint icons.

13. Black oakley frame, need to have print made (one of my pics, surfing or supercross) and acrylic sheet or glass cut.

With some focus I am sure I can make some progress, I have finished a few items. 2 polished 12 gauges, a polarized display re-do.

get the starfire iron free glass for the shelves in the tower...makes em clear like acrylic but glass instead...high end stuff used in trick aquariums...I think that's what it was called...no green tinge at all

That starfire glass is crystal clear. I've had it done for custom showers. Very nice stuff. The Dr. Is absolutely right about that

I'm glad someone knows what that stuff is lol. Awesome glass you rarely see and would make a tower pop!! My next reef tank will be custom made of this stuff...Kick myself for not using it in the last one..

I considered Strarfire glass and I agree, its the best, I also used it in a shower. At 3/8" on the shower standard glass would have had an effect on the color of the stone work. Would have been nice for the case but cost prohibitive. Due to the custom cut front corners it was 3 times the amount of standard glass. Where I live everything cost more, the local shop quoted me $150 per shelf, standard glass!!! Drove about 25 miles out of the hood and got all 3 1/2 shelves for $170. Starfire would have been a little over $500. I am hoping with all of the emerald and other colored lenses the green edge will be transparent. :smile:

The starfire glass really is nice. I can't remember exactly what they charge here for it. I think it's $75-$100 per SF. MAYBE MORE. Definitely worth it for showers with natural stone. Also, I think everything is 1/2 inch thick. Good stuff though. :thumb: